Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 5 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can also run the EI Capitan app in Yosemite also and install that way providing you have set up Booter and CsrActiveConfig.

FYI, Public Beta 6 (15A278b) is out and installed just fine from the App Store. The only thing I had to do was to reinstall the ALC 892 sound driver for my GA-B85M-D3H motherboard. Other than that it's good to go and already more stable than Yosemite. :clap:

Tom

FYI, Public Beta 6 (15A278b) is out and installed just fine from the App Store. The only thing I had to do was to reinstall the ALC 892 sound driver for my GA-B85M-D3H motherboard. Other than that it's good to go and already more stable than Yosemite. :clap:

Tom
Installed Public Beta 6 from the App store on my GA-Z77-UP5 TH based machine and everything, including audio, works. Seems pretty stable.

-bth

Hi All:
The bluetooth has disappeared after update to beta 5.
My bluetooth device is BCM94360 WIFI+BT PCI-e module. It works from 10.8.5 to 10.10.5 and 10.11 public beta 1~4.

Any suggestion?

I found it's the issue that USB2.0 10-pin header on my motherboard (GA-Z77X-UP4 TH).

It's a very strange issue that USB (No.3) works well but others not (USB No1.2). Attach picture for more information.

Attachments

• Z77X-UP4-TH_USB.png
    Z77X-UP4-TH_USB.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 149
I found it's the issue that USB2.0 10-pin header on my motherboard (GA-Z77X-UP4 TH).

It's a very strange issue that USB (No.3) works well but others not (USB No1.2). Attach picture for more information.

I am experiencing the same issue.. (GA-Z77X-UD5H) USB 3 works fine, NO USB 2 out of the headers you have shown in your diagram. PB 5 for me. I too find this strange..

I am experiencing the same issue.. (GA-Z77X-UD5H) USB 3 works fine, NO USB 2 out of the headers you have shown in your diagram. PB 5 for me. I too find this strange..

Many hacks will require a USB port injector kext.

Many hacks will require a USB port injector kext.

RehabMan, Ive done a search for "USB port injector kext" which doesn't really turn up the greatest results. Maybe Im missing something. Can you direct me to the best place to find further information on this subject?

See here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

Read the entire thread.

See examples in my u430/y50/envy projects on github (Projects link in my signature).

Thank you ,RehabMan. I've fixed the motherboard's USB2.0 10-pin header ports issue.

I followed the step "2a. Remove Ports Restriction" of this article.

My hackintosh was configured as iMac 13,2 , and I just only removed key-value "port-count" and "ports" from AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext/Contents/Info.plist (Attachments for more information) .

Now each USB 2.0 port return to work. (Disable SIP / rebuild & repair permission after modified info.plist is required)

I don't understand how to use "2b. Add ports to Ports Restriction" step of the article. It's perfect if there exist a way without change kext file (ie: DSDT / Clover-config / etc...)

Attachments

• iMac13.2EHCI.png
    iMac13.2EHCI.png
    137 KB · Views: 148
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back