Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 5 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me about fakeSMC plugins with PB5? Do they work? I'd like to try iStat Menus to monitor my system. Thank you.

I'm using HWMonitor FakeSMC plugins on my system with PB5 and they work fine, including the GPU readings for my EVGA 960 Graphics card. I'm fairly new to Hackintoshing and am curious about the iStat.

HWMonitor and FakeSMC Plugins works fine. iStats doesn't its broken have to wait till its released for EL Capitan.

HWMonitor and FakeSMC Plugins works fine. iStats doesn't its broken have to wait till its released for EL Capitan.

There is a Beta version of iStat that works with El Capitan.

Thank you guys! FakeSMC Plugins work. Tried iStatMenus beta but it did not list temps, Hardware Monitor works and I can see all temps and fans rpm. I had to edit Apple LPC kext info.plist to make the kext load, now it works and my CPU temps dropped down about 5 degrees:angel:

Yes. But doesn't work with FakeSMC Plugins. I already tried, and they doesn't work!

What do you mean? What doesn't work?

FakeSMC plugins work fine.

Not to be contrary but FakeSMC plugins broke my copy of El Capitan Beta 5. They were the only item I added (I'm doing one thing at a time so I can isolate offenders) and as soon as I did El Cap would load about half way and then reboot. As soon as I removed the plugins I was back in business with my GA-B85M-D3H. Just sayin'. :|

Tom

Not to be contrary but FakeSMC plugins broke my copy of El Capitan Beta 5. They were the only item I added (I'm doing one thing at a time so I can isolate offenders) and as soon as I did El Cap would load about half way and then reboot. As soon as I removed the plugins I was back in business with my GA-B85M-D3H. Just sayin'. :|

Tom

I use my own fork of FakeSMC. I cannot speak for other builds.

Just to share my own experience with beta 5

Thanks to the info in the workaround article (thank you tony)

after updating to the latest clover

editing my already working plist to turn off sip

and then simply upgrading from the usb from yosemite 10.5 ( i didnt install clover to my install usb because i have clover booting from a seperate hard drive )

i was able to boot without any issues, as well as my already installed kext i.e. ethernet/hdmi audio/fakesmc were all functioning without any issues

current hardware

i3-4360
asus h97-plus
amd r9 280x
gmyle 4.0 usb BT (naitive)
tp-link 300mbps wifi card (native)
kingston128gb ssd (win 10)
pny 128gb ssd (hackintosh)
1 TB seagate 4k drive (storage/pc game drive/clover on efi partition)
500gb hdd (media drive for PLEX)
500gb hdd (storage for program files)
250gb hdd (time machine)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back