Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 5 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated with Clover 3259, kexts on EFI partition and SIP totally enabled. Working perfectly! :thumbup:

Anyone has a problem with wifi.... TP-Link WDN-4800
i always stuck at ATHR: Unknwon Locale 21

please guys help me. Here is my spec:

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD4H
intel Hd 4600

Hi All:
The bluetooth has disappeared after update to beta 5.
My bluetooth device is BCM94360 WIFI+BT PCI-e module. It works from 10.8.5 to 10.10.5 and 10.11 public beta 1~4.

Any suggestion?

Same here on same card, but I was watching a movie and it came back alive. It seems to take about 1/2 hour for OS X to finally configure it. But once it does, it is ok.

do you have the USB cable plugged into the motherboards USB2 header or do you have it passing thru the back of the case to a USB2 port?

OK, now I'm having a different issue trying to install El Capitan Public Beta. When I run the installer and it shows me available disks for installation, my boot drive is greyed out, and when I attempt to select it I get the message:

Code:
This disk cannot be used to startup your computer

even though it's the disk I started up from! :crazy:

I googled this error and all the answers I found point to this Apple KB article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203482. Great, except the tip in the article doesn't work - I resize the partition, reboot, and still get the same error when I try to select my boot drive for installation!

I've also tried booting from the USB installer I made instead of just running the El Capitan Beta installer from my booted system, but I cannot get the USB installer to boot (separate issue I assume). What can I do to fix both of these problems?

For the record, my system has two drives:

• disk0 = 512GB SSD with two partitions (EFI and /)
  • disk1 = 960GB SSD with two partitions (EFI and /Users).
I'm using Clover (latest version r3259). I really, REALLY don't want to format and do a clean install - that would be pretty painful, despite backups.

Try re-formatting one of the drives if that doesn't work try another drive.

OK, now I'm having a different issue trying to install El Capitan Public Beta. When I run the installer and it shows me available disks for installation, my boot drive is greyed out, and when I attempt to select it I get the message:

Code:
This disk cannot be used to startup your computer

even though it's the disk I started up from! :crazy:

I googled this error and all the answers I found point to this Apple KB article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203482. Great, except the tip in the article doesn't work - I resize the partition, reboot, and still get the same error when I try to select my boot drive for installation!

I've also tried booting from the USB installer I made instead of just running the El Capitan Beta installer from my booted system, but I cannot get the USB installer to boot (separate issue I assume). What can I do to fix both of these problems?

For the record, my system has two drives:

• disk0 = 512GB SSD with two partitions (EFI and /)
  • disk1 = 960GB SSD with two partitions (EFI and /Users).
I'm using Clover (latest version r3259). I really, REALLY don't want to format and do a clean install - that would be pretty painful, despite backups.
It could be causing a problem how you've configured your OS X installation drives. Did you move the users folder to the secondary SSD manually?

You could eliminate one of the issues by getting your Clover installer to boot. Then installing without partitioning/formatting.

Ok I did some trouble shooting and it's simply that the USB port that your add-on card is using for the Bluetooth is not enabled in this beta. I don't know exactly why they keep remapping ports from beta to beta but this has been going on since DP1. There are some posts out there about fixing USB on El Capitan, I will be looking into that to see if this is manageable.

Thanks for your information. I'll looking forward the next version of 10.11 public beta. I hope the bluetooth of BCM94360CD will return to work.

Same here on same card, but I was watching a movie and it came back alive. It seems to take about 1/2 hour for OS X to finally configure it. But once it does, it is ok.

Do you mean the bluetooth came back alive without any configuration? It's amazing :)

It could be causing a problem how you've configured your OS X installation drives. Did you move the users folder to the secondary SSD manually?

I moved /Users (a couple of years ago) using this guide: http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/09/moving-os-x-users-to-separate-partition.html It's never caused any problems before. I'm referencing the drive by UUID (the *right* way) in /etc/fstab.

You could eliminate one of the issues by getting your Clover installer to boot. Then installing without partitioning/formatting.

That's the approach I'm working on now - I just can't seem to get my system to boot from the USB installer. I've built a dozen or so Hackintoshes now, and have never run into this problem.

it shows me available disks for installation, my boot drive is greyed out,
You cannot install to the drive the installer is running from.
Choices
1. Installer USB
2. Create new partition to either drive and install

Note: Installing El Capitan Beta over a working Yosemite install is very risky.

I moved /Users (a couple of years ago) using this guide: http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/09/moving-os-x-users-to-separate-partition.html It's never caused any problems before. I'm referencing the drive by UUID (the *right* way) in /etc/fstab..

I have no experience with this method although I have my systems created in a similar way. Created on SSD's and storage/larger HDD's. Manually installing on the HDD/Storage side and moving the paths of installation such as media to root without copying files, OS X learns this and creates libraries on the HDD'S, not that this helps you. But it works exceptionally well when it comes to a new install or simple restore., just the OS.

That's the approach I'm working on now - I just can't seem to get my system to boot from the USB installer. I've built a dozen or so Hackintoshes now, and have never run into this problem.

I've seen your post for years and we all come unstuck at times. I've installed more times than i care to admit but thats the fun of getting OS X running the way we want. Whats happening with the install of El Capitan, where is it stalling. You've got the 750 so you know the install procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back