Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 4 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple still have to release at least one more update to Yosemite first. I think if we see El Capitan replace Yosemite in the App Store before the end of September I would be very surprised. Sept/Oct is probably more likely - Mavericks and Yosemite were both October releases. :thumbup:
Hey, dude

It seems that there is no perfect way to hack El Capitan Public Beta perfectly yet. The issues I met include:

1.No sound after waking from sleep. The developer for CodeCommender.kext has not upgraded Codecommender.kext for El Capitan yet.

2.kexts under EFI directory would not be loaded so the hack cannot boot.

3.S/L/E folder is heavily protected that third-party kexts cannot be installed into the directory.

Tom

Hey, dude

It seems that there is no perfect way to hack El Capitan Public Beta perfectly yet. The issues I met include:

1.No sound after waking from sleep. The developer for CodeCommender.kext has not upgraded Codecommender.kext for El Capitan yet.

3.S/L/E folder is heavily protected that third-party kexts cannot be installed into the directory.

Tom

Beta software does have plenty of challenges to get around at times. Even the official release versions are not unknown for throwing the odd curveball. I think that we might be seeing an update to the Clover guide for 10.11 Beta in the next few days. There has been a new release of clover and people are working behind the scenes to get this El Capitan booting and running better. :thumbup:

Beta software does have plenty of challenges to get around at times. Even the official release versions are not unknown for throwing the odd curveball. I think that we might be seeing an update to the Clover guide for 10.11 Beta in the next few days. There has been a new release of clover and people are working behind the scenes to get this El Capitan booting and running better. :thumbup:
Yes, and the strategy I use is just to wait.

Both false, same issue in 10.10 and 10.11
10.10: boot with kext-dev-mode=1
10.11: boot with CsrActiveConfig=0x3

Hey, dude

CodecCommander.kext is working perfectly here...

https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

All kexts should be installed to /S/L/E (or L/E on 10.11) anyway.

You can load the kexts manually in single user mode for install (kextutil).

Disable SIP.

Use Clover config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x67 (or 0x03 depending on what you're trying to do).

Install kexts in /Library/Extensions

chmod 755 -R xxxx.kext
sudo chown -R root:wheel xxx.kext

CodecCommander.kext is working perfectly here...

https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

All kexts should be installed to /S/L/E (or L/E on 10.11) anyway.

You can load the kexts manually in single user mode for install (kextutil).

Disable SIP.

Use Clover config.plist/RtVariables/CsrActiveConfig=0x67 (or 0x03 depending on what you're trying to do).
Hello, RehabMan

Did you mean your CodeCommender.kext could work under El Capitan and did not cause boot panic?

@RehabMan

Hello, @RehabMan

I read your EAPD-Codec-Commander link and I downloaded the CodeCommander.kext. However, I don't know how to edit the info.plist file for my ALC1150.

First of all, I do not know the VEN_id and DEV_id of the ALC1150. My motherboard is Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H rev.1.1

So the first of all is to know the VEN_id and DEV_id of the ALC1150. The second is to edit the info.plist file. Could you please guide me detail how to edit the info.plist file?

Thank you very much.

Tom

@RehabMan

Hello, @RehabMan

I read your EAPD-Codec-Commander link and I downloaded the CodeCommander.kext. However, I don't know how to edit the info.plist file for my ALC1150.

First of all, I do not know the VEN_id and DEV_id of the ALC1150. My motherboard is Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H rev.1.1

So the first of all is to know the VEN_id and DEV_id of the ALC1150. The second is to edit the info.plist file. Could you please guide me detail how to edit the info.plist file?

Thank you very much.

Tom

No edits needed. Just install the kext.

You may wish to build the latest, as there are changes made by TimeWalker(Dolnor) that seem to be specific to ALC1150. I just pulled the changes today, so they are not in the current build.

No edits needed. Just install the kext.

You may wish to build the latest, as there are changes made by TimeWalker(Dolnor) that seem to be specific to ALC1150. I just pulled the changes today, so they are not in the current build.
Thank you, @RehabMan

You are the God for hackintosh! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back