Contribute
Register

OS X Driver for NVMe M.2 Solid State Drives Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because I assumed and you didn't ask ... Here ya go Clover - Themes and IOReg

Martin

Error in SSDT in post #513 fixed. Please update and test again.

Error in SSDT in post #513 fixed. Please update and test again.
Makes no difference here. IOReg still shows the AAPL,slot-name just the same as before. However the <"PCI Slot 0"> result seems not to be unique as this is also the name applied to all other devices assigned to H000. So the graphics card and also a USB/hub also has the same name - Does that help any ?

Martin

Makes no difference here. IOReg still shows the AAPL,slot-name just the same as before. However the <"PCI Slot 0"> result seems not to be unique as this is also the name applied to all other devices assigned to H000. So the graphics card and also a USB/hub also has the same name - Does that help any ?

Martin

Unfortunately, I'm not clairvoyant.

Need all previously requested problem reporting files.

No need for them - It's fixed. I removed the other 4 SSDT files and it now works as expected :)

You have my thanks, user error to blame on this one :/
I have noticed that SSDT files are taking sensible names now such as SSDT-Nvme.aml - Is this a new preferred method or is it to be avoided ?

Martin

No need for them - It's fixed. I removed the other 4 SSDT files and it now works as expected :)

You have my thanks, user error to blame on this one :/
I have noticed that SSDT files are taking sensible names now such as SSDT-Nvme.aml - Is this a new preferred method or is it to be avoided ?

Martin

Descriptive names for SSDTs is a good idea. Using numbers for add-on SSDTs is not meaningful.

Using numbers for patched SSDTs such that they match the corresponding SSDT in ACPI/origin is a good idea.

Ok appreciate pointers how to get it working on My Device or I'm cursed to rely on Generic...:(

same story for me, though I have a Hynix NVMe ssd...

This may sound like a real N00B question, (because I am), but where does one put the NVMeGeneric.kext onto a unibeast USB stick with sierra so it will detect the drive so I can install directly to it?

This may sound like a real N00B question, (because I am), but where does one put the NVMeGeneric.kext onto a unibeast USB stick with sierra so it will detect the drive so I can install directly to it?

EFI/Clover/kexts/Other

I just tried this another way, I installed Sierra on a hard drive, then ran the patch script for 10_12_0, removed the IONVMe kext, placed the HACKNVMe kext into the same directory (S/L/E), and An error pops up a short while later that the kext cannot be used, and to contact my vendor.. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back