Contribute
Register

OS X Driver for NVMe M.2 Solid State Drives Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I confirm it works. So much pain for nothing!

The hacked kext is a vanilla IONVFamily kext with the same patches that clover can apply to ALL Sierra versions.

Why in the world would someone keep an outdated driver with a patch that works also on newer drivers is obscure to me. But yet again this is the hackintosh world: PURE CHAOS.

Hi

I trying to get my Intel 600p to work properly by using RehabMan's HackrNVMeFamily kext without any success.
Im currently running the GenericNvme kext. Which seems to work, with the all known shutdown bugs etc.

However, after i've created my HackrNVMeFamily.kext and installed it, i cant boot. I get stuck when it trying to run my os. I get the prohibited sign (Cant detect the drive i guess...)
Ive tried all three versions of 10.11.6, both in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 and ~kexts/other (i did remove all the other maps).

I currently running the latest version of El Capitan. 2016-002 10.11.6

Ive tried the way from Stork when creating the Kext:
Cd ~Placeofmap/patch-nvme-master/
./patch_nvme.sh 10_11_6
and then drag the NVMe_patches_10_11_6 to the terminal.

Also just running
./patch_nvme.sh 10_11_6

and the git way from the read me.
Right now im out of idea´s what to go ahead and do next.

Any ideas or more information i can provide?

Attachments

• HackrNVMeFamily-10_11_6.kext.zip
    62.6 KB · Views: 83
Update to Last Post on finding an NVMe Driver to get My Intel NVMe PCIe Drive to Work on El-Cap, I have installed Sierra Using UniBeast (Thank TonyMac) and MultiBeast ( Thanks a Lot again Tony) everything works out of the box. I can See My NVMe Drive on installation and can boot to It post InstallView attachment 217538

Did you ever get your NVMe to work in El-Capitan. Or did the change to Sierra made it work OOB?

...And you didn't delete IONVFamily.kext from SLE, right? ;)
I dont have any IONVFamily.Kext installed. I could't see anywhere that this was needed.

I know understand the sarcasm, don't know if its applied to me.
I have not deleted my IONVMeFamily.

Last edited:
There you go. ;)
I don't like the HackrNVMeFamily.kext solution. It will hose EVERY point update, you can just use a kexttopatch solution for El Cap or one for Sierra and it persists through point updates.

There you go. ;)
I don't like the HackrNVMeFamily.kext solution. It will hose EVERY point update, you can just use a kexttopatch solution for El Cap or one for Sierra and it persists through point updates.
Can you point me i a direction where i can read up and do a kexttopatch that i can use?

Last edited:
Hi all, anyone with Intel 750 Series on 10.12.1 here? I installed new Intel 750 800GB and getting really slow read - about 800MB/s. Does anyone have such problem? I'm using the kext to patch method based on Pike R. Alpha work. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back