Many
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
New here and to buillding PC's. Just about got the min to firing up my Bitfnenix build went to download OS X and my app store is saying the software isn't compatible with my machine. It's a mac Mini running 10.8.2 and perplexing me.

My build is simple, the Bitfenix Prodigy case,
Motherboard Giggabyte GA-H77N Mini ITX
CPU Intel I7-3770k
16 g of RAM is in route
in Win 750 w PSU
samsung 120gig ssd
For my applications I don't require a powerful VGC so in that category I got the cheapest unit a GT 640 Graphics card to save me some$ I'm a musician not a gamer.
I also took into consideration of the wifi atheros card and installed a dell DW 1515 atheros from China at another cheap price.
I also plan to over clock this machine probably post Hack if possible. But for the moment just keeping it optimal seeing my liquid cooler from corsair the 70's series i think, either way an amazon dealer is sitting on my order on that, luckily intel came with a stock fan and plate. that will work for the optimal speed.

Okay so I got this all together minus RAM that should be in along with Graphics card today, and I got unibeast and multi beast on a 32gig thumb drive. In the Mac department to get the OSX I have a Mac Mini 1T and app store is saying the computer isn't compadible with osx, so I'm a bit confused. first time building a Hack, if it was a PC I went over board. lmao.
So can anyone help me saving some time in exchanging to downgrades in parts, and tell me what I should do to get OS X on my thumb drive.

Excuse the first post More of a texter then writer these days. So i need to use complete sentences and such.. My bad on that

You must have purchased your mini pre-installed with OS X 10.8. Here is a KB from Apple regarding that message: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4541

You should check in the App Store to see if it's listed under Purchases. If so, you should be able to download it from there.

Another option might be to login to the App Store on a different Mac to purchase Mountain Lion on your App Store account then it should definitely show up under Purchases.

it was installed with 10.8.1 upgraded it when I powered it up. I wasn't able to post a comment on the OS x in the app store. i will check that link though. Seems I can purchase snow leopard on my PC and perhaps my Mac but not a SL fan preffer ML. As for an optional mac I have a busy friend with a MacBook Pro.
Cripes, maybe I should look into KAT.ph a t*****t site.
Is there any other options out there?:?::?:

Last edited by a moderator:
it was installed with 10.8.1 upgraded it when I powered it up. I wasn't able to post a comment on the OS x in the app store. i will check that link though. Seems I can purchase snow leopard on my PC and perhaps my Mac but not a SL fan preffer ML. As for an optional mac I have a busy friend with a MacBook Pro.
Cripes, maybe I should look into KAT.ph a t*****t site.
Is there any other options out there?:?::?:

If you want to hang around here for help forget the t*****t idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back