Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Compatibility Report: Socket 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ivy Bridge - E/EP
The new Mac Pro uses Ivy Bridge - EP Xeon CPUs with 4, 6, 8 or 12 cores. As of OS X 10.9.2, Ivy Bridge E/EP based systems are working with the native kernel, however alternate steps are necessary for both installation and post-installation. ..........

What does it mean "alternate steps"? Is there something to do that is different as in this guide? :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Is it possible to manage the alternate steps for beginners?

thank you
Regards
Sönke

This mean my 2500k Sandy Bridge no longer do the Speedstep?

Your cpu only works in an 1155 socket this thread is about socket 2011. Your SB
CPU is not affected by this.

What does it mean "alternate steps"? Is there something to do that is different as in this guide? :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Is it possible to manage the alternate steps for beginners?

thank you
Regards
Sönke

The alternate steps involve things like extra kexts that need to be installed for the system to
work properly and some changes to the org.chameleon.boot.plist. Those are usually done after
the OS X install with Unibeast. Search the User builds that give all the details of what to do for
specific motherboards.

So, just to clarify, the 4930k now has power management? I was planning on waiting for Haswell-E...

i appologize for reviving this old discussion, is Haswell E/EP supported by OSX now ?

Hi all,

I have a fully working x79-up4 with a 4930k and am thinking of putting in a 2680v2. I know the CPU is supported by the motherboard but I'm curious if anyone knows what else I may have to adjust to make things work. I know I'll have to edit my voodooTSCSync from 11 to 19 for the 10 core, but is that it? I am on 10.10.4

Thanks,

jb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back