Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really interesting to see the different behaviors around USB 3.0 and BT with this 1.0 update. While I had issues with the previous 10.8.5 update regarding the USB drives getting ejected, the 1.0 fixed the issue for me. With BT I have never noticed being affected and I have been using both the Magic Mouse and Trackpad consistently on different CustoMacs. The inconsistency of the USB and BT behaviors among different machines is very puzzling.

I had many Problem with this and the 10.8.5 Update. The Update ended both times with an error, but checking the Mac OSX version it was shown as updated. Also all software installation failed with Error, including Multibeast. I always followed the procedure from post 1.
I was able to solve the problem by following the procedure on post 1 and selecting the Universal USB 3 driver and the audio ALC889 driver. Then installation worked with Multibeast and anything else also.
Only problem i still have is that itunes, which i updated during the problems, still wanted to update while it is already on 11.1.1. I can update it as often as i want, but no change here.

I have Hackintosh working with the OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.5 running ok, from fresh install using unibeast & multibeast
Mobo : Ga-EP45-UD3p & Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33 GHz
GeForce 9400 GT 1024Mb
Build (12F45) Purchase from app store october 10 2013
sounds working properly, wifi RAlink works ok.
follow tonymacx86 guide

after 10.8.5 as described here Adobe Premiere doesnt open old sequences anymore. It seems all the codecs disappeared. (No codec-problems in other programms whatsoever). I restored 10.8.4 but that didn't help... What happened?

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

Updated using 10.8.5 Combo update with the supplemental update built in downloaded from Apple.

Only updated the audio drivers with Multibeast after the install and before rebooting.

All works OK. Initially there was some issues with the USB wireless keyboard but a reboot and it fixed itself.. No other workaround required. :thumbup:

My build: EP45-UD3P Q9550 Dual N9800GTX using DSDT strings.

H77N-wifi, updated to 10.8.5 combo without problem. After supplemental update, USB 2.0 could not mount on USB 3.0 ports (rear sockets, don't have on-board header to test). However, USB 3.0 device could be recognized. Restored to 10.8.5 backup, seems like i'm the only one having the issue.
BTW, can any kind moderator change my avatar to the more appropriate rabbit icon ? i'm having trouble locating it in the settings menu.

ATTENTION EVERYONE!

I believe I found a solution for the USB 3.0 problem that works for me and it might for you as well.
The GenericUSBxhci version doesn't necessarily matter all that much.
I've noticed, that as long as something is plugged into a USB 3.0 port on startup, hot plugin works for all the other ports too!
For instance, I've now constantly got an Edimax USB Wifi adapter plugged into one of my rear ports, which btw. works perfectly fine (no need for any of those internal cards!!) and ever since on all my other USB 3.0 hot swap works perfectly.
The two front ports, charging an iPhone on a rear USB 3.0 port - all works.

please i need help i have HP probook 4530s with 10.8.3 and i want to update it to 10.8.5 any steps to do it cuz i did it once and my laptop wont boot so i istall 10.8.3 again ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back