Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

I have the same symptoms. Front ports of USB 3.0 of my Z77-DS3H work fine upon booting with my Apple Wireless Keyboard / Belkin USB Bluetooth adapter but if I unplug any USB adapter from my USB 3.0 ports, they don't work again. This happens for either USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 devices. Strangely if I plug the same Belkin USB adapter into a USB 2.0 rear port, it works 100% of the time, hotplug is perfect, so it isn't a Bluetooth issue, its a USB 3.0 issue. Plug and play is broken somehow after initial boot.

Any thoughts on how to get it working again? It was working fine in 10.8.5 before this Supplemental Update.

Thanks!

Totally agree. I can't get USB 3.0 ports working on my GA-B75M-D3P board anymore. I've tried all archived versions of multi beast to get it working. Nothing

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

Totally agree. I can't get USB 3.0 ports working on my GA-B75M-D3P board anymore. I've tried all archived versions of multi beast to get it working. Nothing

Any ideas on the USB 3.0 problems, guys? Initially I thought, perhaps it's my Asus motherboard, but I doubt it is a mobo specific problem. It used to be fine in earlier versions.

Marvell 88SE9172

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (no DSDT F12 BIOS) updated the combo update.

Audio ALC889 is not working after running multibeast, but I'm not worried I'm sure I can fix that.

Marvell 88SE9172 SATA controller is not working. Tried reinstalling with Multibeast, but didn't help. Based on info found here https://discussions.apple.com/message/22975074#22975074 it could be it's broken in 10.8.5. Anyone have any insight into this? I have a software RAID0 on this controller that has my pictures, documents, and downloads there (it was scary when I first booted after the update and they were all gone). In the interim I have moved some of my windows drives to the Marvel controller as a work around.

Since i ran this supplemental update (using software update and Storks procedure) my USB3 devices randomly ejects. Idle, or during copy.
I reinstalled USB3 devices from MB5.5.3. it used to be GenericUSBXHCI_1.2.6d2; now its GenericUSBXHCI_1.2.6 but the issue persists.
Anyone know what i could try?
MOBO GA-Z77X-UP4-TH, i7-3770K @ 4.2 GHz 16GB RAM.

GA-Z77X-UD5H update ok, but no audio, reinstalled using multibeast but it still doesn't work. 1st time this hasn't worked, anybody else had this. I used multibeast 5.5.3 Thanks Neil

Installed it but still having freezing problem (only mouse pointer moving) on wake from sleep.

Chiming in on having the same USB3 issues. Before 10.8.5 my USB3 ports worked perfectly. I could even run a mouse, and my iPhone 5 charger cable from one Apple keyboard that was connected to a USB3 port. After the update, I consistently get errors on power draw and drives that auto-eject from not being compatible with the USB3 ports.

Anyone have a possible solution? Or do we just need to wait until the USB3 kext is updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back