Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 improves USB 3.0 and adds support for some 3rd party controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.8.2 indeed fixed the NEC USB 3.0 controller. Before I needed to rollback the kexts from 10.7.4 for 10.8/10.8.1 in conjunction with the PHXCD.kext. Now I just need the PHXCD and all is golden again! Didn't think it was newsworthy at the time....guess I was wrong! :p

Article: OS X 10.8.2 improves USB 3.0 and adds support for some 3rd party controllers

Thanks for reporting this! this is good to know, as I have the same board, and USB3 was one of the last things I was concerned about working. Now I just have to get a good backup solution going, then I'll make the jump from 10.7.5 to 10.8.2.

BL.

I have a same motherboard, but the 10.8.2 update did not go very well. System has crashed, kernel panic, apple tv not working, audio screwed up....... so i have to downgrade to 10.8, currently running 10.8. pretty stable. I would like to get to 10.8.2. Please tell me what are the things that you have used in Multibeast to get my hackintosh working.......

I believe it is now time to upgrade the "Black Mac" to ML and get me some USB3.

As before, USB 3.0 ports work fine with 3.0 devices while 2.0 ones are not recognized.

GA Z77-DS3H - 3570K - HD4000

Article: OS X 10.8.2 improves USB 3.0 and adds support for some 3rd party controllers

Poor? They work just fine on the Z77X-UD5H and Z77X-UP5 TH and have since 10.8

I used to have functioning USB3 ports on 10.8.1 but since the update they are all dead? Have you got them working on the UP5 TH?

4530s ?? anyone tried it? which OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back