Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10 Yosemite Developer Preview Now Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm. Not sure.

But the one I registered is Appleseed Program.
That one is free.
It comes after the developer's copies,which means that apple will release some copies of os x Yosemite to developers first, then release a few to whom has registered to this program.This one is free to register. However the purpose of this program is to test bugs and stuff.So I think it will be a buggy system.

View attachment 94871

It is a beta... unless you're looking to get in on the ground floor for some early coding, Hacking, do NOT download the preview with the idea that it's going to be your workhorse system. It's called the bleeding edge for good reason.

According to Netkas:

"in this release unsigned or improperly signed kexts will not be loaded. To use unsigned kexts during development, this strict check can be disabled by adding a “kext-dev-mode=1” boot arg."

You may need to rebuild your cache afterwards.

Hey just a reminder, we're all really excited about Yosemite, but for now it's under NDA, and for registered Developers only. As Modbot said above, we're not going to allow installation discussions here.

Hey just a reminder, we're all really excited about Yosemite, but for now it's under NDA, and for registered Developers only. As Modbot said above, we're not going to allow installation discussions here.

For what it's worth, the NDA is much less restrictive this year. Installation guides, as long as they didn't include screenshots, would not be a violation everything revealed during WWDC is public this year, which is indeed a huge change from the way it's ever worked before. See https://developer.apple.com/programs/terms/mac/mac_program_agreement_20140602.pdf, specifically section 10.1, the last portion of which states:
Apple said:
Further, Apple agrees that You will not be bound by the foregoing confidentiality terms with regard to technical information about pre-release Apple Software and services disclosed by Apple at WWDC (Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference), except that You may not post screen shots, write public reviews or redistribute any pre-release Apple Software or services

Hoping so too! It's available freely to any member of the public after all, so why not?

I don't see why they wouldn't allow us to discuss open beta software in here, I hope so because I'd love to know people experiences with Yosemite! :p

So does this mean we can or cannot discuss installation procedures? I see what tony said, but doesn't seem to be a problem. Especially since we are discussing as beta tester to beta tester. I got it today, but I don't want to get into the unknown on a Hackintosh.

So does this mean we can or cannot discuss installation procedures? I see what tony said, but doesn't seem to be a problem. Especially since we are discussing as beta tester to beta tester. I got it today, but I don't want to get into the unknown on a Hackintosh.

The release is beta software and as such is bound by a Non Disclosure Agreement - Link.

The policy of this site states "Prerelease Software or Developer Builds are covered by NDA and therefore there cannot be any discussion of features included or removed within said software. The NDA also prohibits the distribution of any component contained within these releases. There will be no discussion of installing, help with installing or documenting the use of this type of software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban."

Please read the Rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back