Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
xariona I suspect that your mixing of hackintosh kexts on your real Mac Pro is not the thing to be doing. I converted my Mac Pro along time ago to a hackintosh so I can not attempt to replicate your problems.

You may want to air your Mac problems on a Macintosh site.

Good modding,
neil
+1, Neilhart. I recommend the MacRumors, Mac Pro forum section. http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1

I was hesitant to do this upgrade as my hack would not take the last 10.10.2 security update without kernel panicing, however I was pleasantly surprised.

Installed the combo update for 10.10.3.

Rebooted with -v and -F flags, installed the new nvidia drivers, rebooted and was good to go! :thumbup:

When will multibeast 7.3 be out ?

Hey guys, just installed 10.10.3. I got the black screen while trying to log in. Soi had to use nv-disable=0 (cant quite remember the code) and changed my system definition from 6,1 to 5,1. Now im getting a kernel panic at the login screen showing this.

same thing for me, is there a fix for this?

The 10.10.3 update via the app store updater worked great for me. I'm using a Vertex 4 SSD which has it's own firmware based garbage collection, so i haven not tried to add TRIM support.

The realtek ALC892 audio kext for my MOBO (Gigabyte H87N) from Multibeast 7.2.0 does not work for me, it stops working sporadically and requires a reboot to fix. i've had this issue before and the fix seems to be using the Realtek ALC892 kext from Multibeast 6.3.0 instead. No issues with that older kext.

For those who have problems with video AMD Radeon cards codenamed "Cape Verde".
Start the system with "-x".
Make a backup of kext "AMDRadeonX4000".
In this kext press the right mouse button on the kext choice "show contents> contents> info.plist".
Edit the "info.plist". See the images:

Original.pngModificada.png

Edit, replacing the values of the OS X 10.10.3 kext by the values of OS X 10.10.2.
Reinstall the kext in S / L / E. Repair permissions and the cache with the app "Kext Wizard".
Restart the PC.
Ready.

Credits to member Allan, Rene's Insanely Mac forum. And especially the Russian forum member (not diceram me who is the member). Who discovered the solution.

Forgive the ignorance tonymac but would you mind pointing me to "how and where" to enter the code you reference to enable trim in 10.10.3? Thank you.

Definitely an interesting experience for me.

My hack wouldn't take the 10.10.1 or 10.10.2 updates without problems I couldn't seem to resolve, so I had just stuck with 10.10. Did my carbon copy backup and decided to give this one a go, straight from the app store. Lo and behold, my system is up and running and I only had to do the following:

- Terminal fix for enabling Trim.
- Terminal fix to set kernel architecture (to resolve "Errors detected...Pausing 5 seconds" at boot)
- Reinstall Intel Graphics patch for mixed configurations (Multibeast 7.2)

Audio, internet etc. all worked without any reinstallation.

That being said there's one odd thing:
I was running the nVidia web drivers for my EVGA GT740 card. I downloaded the new ones from the link before I updated. When I went to go install them, it said that they weren't compatible with my OS (10.10.3 14D136). I saw on the driver download page the new 10.10.3 drivers are for build 14D131? Not sure what to do about that...Though it seems the updated native nVidia drivers are working fine now as I'm running those with no detectable issues which I could not do on 10.10.

So what's the story with the updated nVidia web drivers and why is the build they're designed for not the build Apple is supplying for the 10.10.3 update? I've read through this entire thread and I'm the first person to post about this...

While I have been successfully using tonymacx86 system for months, the downside is I have forgotten how and where to enter the commands in terminal? From what directory do I do so? How do I do this in Terminal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back