Register

OS X 10.10.3 Supplemental Update released

Status
Not open for further replies.
NVDAStartup.kext modified for last Supplemental Update
It should work
<key>NVDARequiredOS</key>[
<string>14D136</string>

After installing the kext you provided, everything went back to normal.
Thank you for the help!

Just did that. But now my card shows as NVIDIA Chip Model 128 MB in About Mac. I have a GTX 770 with 2GB ?? I use Clover b.t.w. Will the new driver fix that or is it because I switched to Clover?

I believe this is caused by "real Mac" serial (I am guessing you are using one).

It seems the About info / at some point / will show what the real serial tells it to. I have the same problem but having iMessage and everything else working like it should, wrong info on the About screen is a minor, unimportant thing.

Did the update and the screen went black without the possibility to move the mouse so I rebooted and now there is a white screen with a mouse I can move for one seconds then it freezes. Cannot boot into -x (memory allocation error ) tried different boot flags without any changes. RepAired permission from another partition changed nothing.

im using chimera

UPDATE!!!! It did the JOB!!!!

i plugged in the unibeast Yosemite usb installation key booted from it selected my HDD. A White screen was on with mouse I could move I waited it rebooted. I booted from the usb Key again selected the HDD the update was completed. I rebooted unplugged the usb key. (Normal Boot) the update was done.

I had been having this problem with every update after 10.10.1. (10.10.2 and all the minor updates had this problem.) As soon as the updater got to the point where it should have logged me out and given me a grey screen with an "installing software update" progress window, instead it simply went to a black screen and froze. Then when I rebooted I would get an error during boot. I found that if I simply booted from my UniBeast USB flash drive then shut down and booted from the hard drive again, it worked.

When the 10.10.3 update came out, I downloaded the combo updater. That worked fine for me, as did all the other updates after it (Xcode, &c).

I'd like to know what had been causing the problem, though.

After installing the kext you provided, everything went back to normal.
Thank you for the help!

I have the same GPU (970GTX) but the newly released Nvidia driver is incompatible in my system. Did you do something particular to get it working or maybe you know of a method to force alternate driver to work?

I'm on 14D136 and using the 346.01.02f02 driver which my prefpane says (not compatible) and does not let me change the mode from OS X driver to alternate.

My boot arguments are the same as before: nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1

EDIT: reinstalled from a backup.

installed on my system without a problem.

everything is working fine.

CINEBENCH score 52 Frames/Sec

Graphic card : AMD R9 270X.

I was trying out the Windows Technical Preview for a while, but I've just rebuilt today as a Mac with Clover. I have the latest Nvidia driver, CUDA driver, OS X update, but I'm getting a black screen. I can get into my machine through Splashtop to check the settings. All the driver versions are listed below. Is there a particular Model Identifier I need to use to get the graphics card to work? I seem to remember during the last update I had to downgrade the Clover Model ID to MacPro 5.1 to get it to work, but this isn't making any difference this time.

OSX: Version 10.10.3 (14D136)
Graphics: Gainward GeForce GTX 780 Ti 0 MB (from About This Mac, not sure why it's showing as 0 MB)
NVIDIA Web Driver: 346.01.02f02 (Up to date) - web driver in use
CUDA Driver Version: 7.0.36
Model Identifier MacPro 4,1
Boot flags: -v, dart=0, kext-dev-mode=1
Graphics: Inject NVidia

Any ideas?

I was trying out the Windows Technical Preview for a while, but I've just rebuilt today as a Mac with Clover. I have the latest Nvidia driver, CUDA driver, OS X update, but I'm getting a black screen. I can get into my machine through Splashtop to check the settings. All the driver versions are listed below. Is there a particular Model Identifier I need to use to get the graphics card to work? I seem to remember during the last update I had to downgrade the Clover Model ID to MacPro 5.1 to get it to work, but this isn't making any difference this time.

OSX: Version 10.10.3 (14D136)
Graphics: Gainward GeForce GTX 780 Ti 0 MB (from About This Mac, not sure why it's showing as 0 MB)
NVIDIA Web Driver: 346.01.02f02 (Up to date) - web driver in use
CUDA Driver Version: 7.0.36
Model Identifier MacPro 4,1
Boot flags: -v, dart=0, kext-dev-mode=1
Graphics: Inject NVidia

Any ideas?

You should not inject NVidia Graphics. Just switch all the Graphics injections to off in Clover. As you have a GTX 780 you have to use GraphicsEnabler=NO in Chimera if you inject Graphics in Clover it means you would set GE on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back