Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7 4770K
Graphics
GTX 1060 OC 6GB
Hi,

I think i have made a newbie-mistake and need some advice.
After having several freezes in the last days i updated the Bios (to this GA-Z87X-OC - F7) of my build following this suggestion:

"The problem is very common with z87x boards using 4 dimms of ram. Most of the people who discussed it in the Gigabyte forums have solved it by using the latest beta bios and increasing IO analogue, IO digital and System Agent Voltage, all three by +0,2v."

from this thread.

I never got far enough to adjust the voltage levels, because in the meantime in which i was still waiting/searching for detailed instruction how to do that, my system suddenly won't load up and gets stuck on the grey loading screen (apple in the centre, loading wheel rotating in endless loop). Safe Mode works, so i guess it's some adjustments in BIOS to be done but i don't know what exactly. I loaded the optimized defaults after updating and also changed the memory profile.

Hi,

After having several freezes in the last days i updated the Bios (to this GA-Z87X-OC - F7) of my build following this suggestion:
"The problem is very common with z87x boards using 4 dimms of ram. Most of the people who discussed it in the Gigabyte forums have solved it by using the latest beta bios and increasing IO analogue, IO digital and System Agent Voltage, all three by +0,2v."

from this thread.

I never got far enough to adjust the voltage levels, because in the meantime in which i was still waiting/searching for detailed instruction how to do that, my system suddenly won't load up and gets stuck on the grey loading screen (apple in the centre, loading wheel rotating in endless loop). Safe Mode works, so i guess it's some adjustments in BIOS to be done but i don't know what exactly. I loaded the optimized defaults after updating and also changed the memory profile.
Boot with -v and take a screen shot of where it gets stuck and stops for at least five to to minutes to confirm it's frozen and post it here for further help

Boot with -v and take a screen shot of where it gets stuck and stops for at least five to to minutes to confirm it's frozen and post it here for further help

Okay thanks! This is what i got:
-v_screen.jpg

Hi,

from this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

from this thread.

Okay thanks! This is what i got:
View attachment 86339
Disregard those last two post iPhone going nuts anyhow I know just what to do boot with -x into safe mode and journey to the root of the hard drive and open the system/library/extensions and delete AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler1.kext if there and HDAEnabler.kext if there and repair disk permissions with disk utility and rebuild kext cache with kext wizard then reboot with -v and if it doesn't go post back with another screen shot for further help seems to be hanging on audio kext you'll have to inject your audio later once booting normally
carpentry

Disregard those last two post iPhone going nuts anyhow I know just what to do boot with -x into safe mode and journey to the root of the hard drive and open the system/library/extensions and delete AppleHDA.kext, HDAEnabler1.kext if there and HDAEnabler.kext if there and repair disk permissions with disk utility and rebuild kext cache with kext wizard then reboot with -v and if it doesn't go post back with another screen shot for further help seems to be hanging on audio kext you'll have to inject your audio later once booting normally
carpentry

okay, done that, still won't load, now i get this:

-v_screen_2.jpg

okay, done that, still won't load, now i get this:

View attachment 86340
Ok since that didn't work which is rare I'd say try rerunning multibeast with your specific system settings again from safe mode if that doesn't get it you gonna need the help of rehabman or some one who knows a lot more about power management than I do be sure all your bios settings are right s3 disabled HPET 64 bit mode ect sometimes when something is still a beta that's because all the bugs aren't worked out which you've found some

Ok since that didn't work which is rare I'd say try rerunning multibeast with your specific system settings again from safe mode if that doesn't get it you gonna need the help of rehabman or some one who knows a lot more about power management than I do be sure all your bios settings are right s3 disabled HPET 64 bit mode ect sometimes when something is still a beta that's because all the bugs aren't worked out which you've found some

Thanks, you're really saving my ass here :) Reinstallation with Multibeast helped! Now it loads normally back into os. Audio is also working (via an USB Soundcard). But i still don't know how to adjust these IO voltage parameters in BIOS in order to get rid of the freezing. Do you maybe know where i can find those?

Thanks, you're really saving my ass here :) Reinstallation with Multibeast helped! Now it loads normally back into os. Audio is also working (via an USB Soundcard). But i still don't know how to adjust these IO voltage parameters in BIOS in order to get rid of the freezing. Do you maybe know where i can find those?
Glad you're booting normally again I'm not really sure I even know what you about those voltages so I'm definitely not going to have any answers about that I'm unfamiliar with your system so you've reached the extent of my knowledge and aid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back