Contribute
Register

OS selections are grayed out in unibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to ask such a fundamental and naïve question. Using either unibeast 5.2 or unibeast 6.2 , all my os selections are grayed out. I have the InstallESD.dmg for Yosemite on the hard drive. Does unibeast look for the Yosemite.app in the applications folder? How do i go from the .dmg to the .app?

Sorry to ask such a fundamental and naïve question. Using either unibeast 5.2 or unibeast 6.2 , all my os selections are grayed out. I have the InstallESD.dmg for Yosemite on the hard drive. Does unibeast look for the Yosemite.app in the applications folder? How do i go from the .dmg to the .app?
Where did the .esd come from? The only thing UniBeast will use is the downloaded from the App Store installation app in your Apps folder.

I has made a usb install disk some time ago and during the process had saved the ESD to my hard disk. It stayed there for years and now I thought a good project would be to make a hackintosh. I have Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks as Install apps but not Yosemite - just the ESD.dmg. Can I just throw the installESD into the shared resources folder of one of those other installers?

I has made a usb install disk some time ago and during the process had saved the ESD to my hard disk. It stayed there for years and now I thought a good project would be to make a hackintosh. I have Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks as Install apps but not Yosemite - just the ESD.dmg. Can I just throw the installESD into the shared resources folder of one of those other installers?
Don't think it works that way. You really need the install app. Have you tried cloning the Mavericks drive and using the ESD to update it directly the old style way?

sorry but i am really naive about this, please bear with me. clone my mavericks drive with clonezilla - fine i can do that but it's not 'virgin' anymore. it's been on my mac for a bunch of years. and there is a lot of old software that i don't want on my hackintosh. and as for the 'use esd to update it directly' - the esd image just has a bunch of files in the folder named packages. Is there a guide? thank you for your help.

I has made a usb install disk some time ago...
What method used to make the usb install disk and where did you get the install app used to make it? If you downloaded it from the app store than you should still be able to download it from your "Purchased" page in the app store.

sorry but i am really naive about this, please bear with me. clone my mavericks drive with clonezilla - fine i can do that but it's not 'virgin' anymore. it's been on my mac for a bunch of years. and there is a lot of old software that i don't want on my hackintosh. and as for the 'use esd to update it directly' - the esd image just has a bunch of files in the folder named packages. Is there a guide? thank you for your help.
No, not really. If you have never downloaded the install app and it does not appear on your "Purchased" page in the app store, and you do not have any friends with a Mac that can download it for you then you are out of luck s far as Yosemite is concerned.

you should still be able to download it from your "Purchased" page in the app store.
Totally forgot about that! Looked there and ALL my prior OSes are there. Now I can toss a bunch of files from my archives! Thank you.

Totally forgot about that! Looked there and ALL my prior OSes are there. Now I can toss a bunch of files from my archives! Thank you.
I would still download the latest and archive the app and store it offline somewhere. Apple may not keep them there forever and you never know when they will delete them. A fresh download cannot hurt for your archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back