Contribute
Register

Orderred my parts, am now very worried. EVGA GT 240

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG GL502VM
I just ordered my new build and the parts will be here Thursday and now their is a huge concern on my mind, I ordered en EVGA GT 240 1GB. Now i looked it up and it seems everyone is having a huge issue getting this to run with a DVI monitor. The only kind of monitor i own is a DVI monitor. Will the SL install even boot? Does anyone have a detailed installation guide to set my card up or is there an option in Multibeast for this card? I wont be using HDMI on this ill just be plugging a dvi monitor directly into the dvi port on the card.
Is there a setting i need to enable on the card? If so where would i go to enable it? Sorry to bother everyone so much i just need a little more help.
My Build:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Publi ... r=13116151

Thanks,
Sam

Samchavles said:
I just ordered my new build and the parts will be here Thursday and now their is a huge concern on my mind, I ordered en EVGA GT 240 1GB. Now i looked it up and it seems everyone is having a huge issue getting this to run with a DVI monitor. The only kind of monitor i own is a DVI monitor. Will the SL install even boot? Does anyone have a detailed installation guide to set my card up or is there an option in Multibeast for this card? I wont be using HDMI on this ill just be plugging a dvi monitor directly into the dvi port on the card.
Is there a setting i need to enable on the card? If so where would i go to enable it? Sorry to bother everyone so much i just need a little more help.
My Build:
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Publi ... r=13116151

Thanks,
Sam

I have this card in the DDR3 variety and it works fine on all ports. ;)

WOW! a message from the head honcho himself, thanks for the response! So it will work fine OBO, do i need to do that GraphicsEnabler=Yes thing? Maybe you have a detailed installation guide on your machine somewhere?
Lol basically what im asking is what do i need to do to get my card working obo?

Samchavles said:
WOW! a message from the head honcho himself, thanks for the response! So it will work fine OBO, do i need to do that GraphicsEnabler=Yes thing? Maybe you have a detailed installation guide on your machine somewhere?
Lol basically what im asking is what do i need to do to get my card working obo?

I would just follow the instructions on his blog... lather and rinse. If you run into issues, check the rest of the forums and if necessary, post up a new thread.

Alright the normal iboot installation on his blog? Or a different guide? Ill give it a shot. Thanks so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back