Intel GM950
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I've just installed Lion on a Dell Optiplex 760 and I'm having some problems with audio (the audio device is an ADI 198x Integrated HD Audio)...

Initially, I had no signs of audio at all then I tried installing the VoodooHDA 2.7.3 package from MultiBeast (the highest version it reported) and when I rebooted I got a kernel panic and had to recover from USB. Then I found a build of VoodooHDA 2.7.4 (I think this was build from SVN by someone on osx86.net) so tried that one - it seemed to install OK as I can now restart without errors and for the first time I'm seeing the volume control in the menu bar, but there is still no sound output!

In System Preferences -> Sound I've tried selecting "Line-out (Green Rear)" and "Headphones (Green Front)" but neither appear to have an effect.

In System Preferences -> VoodooHDA I cannot move any of the Mixer Control sliders, and the only option in the drop-down on the left is "1: Digital Out (HDMI)" but I don't have anything connected by HDMI and just wish to plug in some headphones or speakers.

I'm not sure what to try next, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sorry for the bump, but if no-one's got the answer to this could someone please point me in the direction of what steps I could try next to investigate a solution for myself. Thanks :)

... anyone? please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back