ASUS GeForce GT610
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

ive been looking for a Hackintosh on a certain auction website and see that there are many OptiPlex 755 machines running Yosemite however I can buy a machine with windows for less than half the price, is it a straightforward task to just buy the OptiPlex and install it myself?

Also what wifi card could I use and can I use any RAM to upgrade or does it have to be compatible and is the OptiPlex easily upgraded to more recent processors etc?

Hey guys,

ive been looking for a Hackintosh on a certain auction website and see that there are many OptiPlex 755 machines running Yosemite however I can buy a machine with windows for less than half the price, is it a straightforward task to just buy the OptiPlex with a Yosemite USB and install it myself?

Also what wifi card could I use and can I use any RAM to upgrade or does it have to be compatible.

If you purchase Yosemite on a USB flash drive you are buying pirated software - You must obtain your Operating System from the App Store.

See the Rules.

"This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED".

Last edited by a moderator:
If you purchase Yosemite on a USB flash drive you are buying pirated software - You must obtain your Operating System from the App Store.

See the Rules.

"This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED".

Hi, I'm sorry about that I didn't realise what I had done I've now changed the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, any auction site selling Dell 755's is not the way to get your CustoMac. They are violating
the rules of this site and also selling Apple's OS X, which is free to Mac owners and not
for sale. It's incredibly easy to make a Unibeast drive and install OS X yourself. Why anyone
would buy it on a USB from an auction site is beyond comprehension. We cannot offer any support
for someone who has bought one of these with OS X pre installed via Unibeast method.

If you do so you are supporting a pirate who is selling and profiting from Unibeast and Multibeast
which they have no right to do.

Yes, any auction site selling Dell 755's is not the way to get your CustoMac. They are violating
the rules of this site and also selling Apple's OS X, which is free to Mac owners and not
for sale. It's incredibly easy to make a Unibeast drive and install OS X yourself. Why anyone
would buy it on a USB from an auction site is beyond comprehension. We cannot offer any support
for someone who has bought one of these with OS X pre installed via Unibeast method.

If you do so you are supporting a pirate who is selling and profiting from Unibeast and Multibeast
which they have no right to do.

Ah I understand. If I bought a Dell OptiPlex 760 and installed Yosemite on it would it be straightforward if I can gain access to a Mac? My brother has one and I can go purchase a disk too.

Ah I understand. If I bought a Dell OptiPlex 760 and installed Yosemite on it would it be straightforward if I can gain access to a Mac? My brother has one and I can go purchase a disk too.

Use the Search tool at the top right of this page for more info : Link

There you will find posts like This.

Good Luck

Use the Search tool at the top right of this page for more info : Link

There you will find posts like This.

Good Luck

Ah thank you very much, sorry if I have annoyed people already too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back