Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i5-7300
Graphics
Gtx 1050m
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello.
I have an issue I have been trying to figure out for 6 months now off and on... hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. My father owns a Macbook 4 1 and it no longer supports any OS past Mountain Lion. He can no longer download any program updates like the newest Safarri and so he can't even access certain websites on the machine anymore.

I did get Yosemite installed through a hack/work-around. However, this was several years ago and it had no GPU acceleration so the system felt EXTREMELY SLOW. I did put a solid state drive in his machine, which helped a ton, but I am trying to figure out his options. We did try having him run Windows 10 on the machine, but he didn't like it and wanted Mac OS back.

Would running Windows 10 on the machine and then installing VMWARE with High Sierra be a viable route? Or, should I just isntall Linux' Elementary OS - which looks very similar to Mac OS or, is there a way to get either Siera or High Sierra running on his machine? I did try the patcher for unsupported systems, but I got the NO SIGN upon booting from the USB installer I made. Any ideas or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back