Contribute
Register

Optimizzee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m currently looking into building a Hackintosh/Windows hybrid and would like some feedback/insight
from some of the technical gurus around here. The idea I have is to build a single tower that can run
Windows and MacOS, without any performance compromises on either one.
I can think of 4 possible ways to set this up, and would like some opinions on which would be the best
option.
1) 2 Drives, with one booting windows, and one booting mac
2) 1 Drive, split into 2 partitions, to have half booting windows, and half booting mac
3) 1 Drive booting windows and running mac through an “emulator”
4) 1 Drive booting mac, and running windows through an “emulator”
I don’t know the pros/cons of each option, nor which ones are even possible, hence I’m putting this out
there to see if anyone has any thoughts on this matter. Thank you in advance for your time.

Partitioning doesn't really affect performance. Though it's simpler to install every OS on its own drive.
Putting either OS into VM definitely reduces performance. AFAIK, the biggest loss is GPU in gaming perspective plus you won't be able to use most specialized DACs/adapters simultaneously from both OSes (just because VM provides no 'virtual proxy driver' for these).

Partitioning doesn't really affect performance. Though it's simpler to install every OS on its own drive.
Putting either OS into VM definitely reduces performance. AFAIK, the biggest loss is GPU in gaming perspective plus you won't be able to use most specialized DACs/adapters simultaneously from both OSes (just because VM provides no 'virtual proxy driver' for these).

Cool that, thanks for the info
-cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back