Contribute
Register

Optimized Realtek Lion 10.7.3 AppleHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
dbm said:
here u go mate i hope that this works!
That works. Two major problems though there may be more:
1. Delete the enabler. You cannot use dsdt/HDEF and the enabler together and expect audio to work.
2. dsdt/HDEF is not correct. Edit HDEF with only layout-id and PinConfigurations as presented here 892_Lion_AppleHDA

Next steps:
1. Install the AppleHDA.kext from the thread above as instructed.
2. Boot Flags: UseKernelCache=No -v

Reply with new copy of IOReg.

dbm said:
toledo if u can try to edit it and post it back, so i can use it i would really appreciate that i got errors "when i try with my nebbish skills." And i want to save u'r time and mine if u could just edit it and post it back. Thanks very much!
I don't edit user dsdts. I will help with errors. Make the edits. If compile fails, save as .dsl and attach with reply.

dbm said:
ok i figured out how that is working but i found 1 problem check pic below: when i compile
Not enough information. Attach the dsdt. The error is simple to fix but I can't see what you did.

HDEF/Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized) should look like this:
Code:
            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x7C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                        Buffer (Zero) {}
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }
        }

dbm said:
I successfully compiled it, deleted all AppleHDA and everything possible in Extensions and installed it again vila multybeast with System Utillty and patched / Apple892.kext. But still not working after reboot. No sound at all.
Attach a new copy of IOReg.

Hey toleda if you could take a look at my ioreg and dsdt that would be super appreciated. I have tried every audio kext in Multibeast possible. I have read this whole thread and others and have tried solutions that you have given to others, but to no avail. My audio does not work at all, and no outputs are shown in the Sound section of settings. I'm not sure why, but even with no audio kexts installed whatsoever I can still adjust the audio level (It isn't grayed out in the menu bar). When I've had problems with audio before it's been grayed out and I've been able to fix it. At this point I am kind of desperate and I don't want to do a reinstall of Lion, but I'm wondering if that is just what I am going to have to do? Thank you so much

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    506 KB · Views: 44
dbm said:
here u go ioreg
This does not look good. AppleHDA is not loading properly. Attach Console/All Messages/select "kernel Sound Assertions"/File/Save Selection as... and System Information/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext.

sailordude919 said:
Hey toleda if you could take a look at my ioreg and dsdt that would be super appreciated.
The codec on your motherboard is the 892, not the 889. I realize the dsdt is from the database. Your IOReg says 892. See 892_Lion_AppleHDA. Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id as described in the post. Use MultiBeast to select either 1. ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback or 2. Patched AppleHDA/ALC892 with System Utilities and restart.

toleda said:
sailordude919 said:
Hey toleda if you could take a look at my ioreg and dsdt that would be super appreciated.
The codec on your motherboard is the 892, not the 889. I realize the dsdt is from the database. Your IOReg says 892. See 892_Lion_AppleHDA. Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id as described in the post. Use MultiBeast to select either 1. ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback or 2. Patched AppleHDA/ALC892 with System Utilities and restart.

Thank you soooo much that fixed it and it works perfectly now. Interesting how the DSDT from the database had the wrong hdef edits, my motherboard must have different versions with one of them having the 889 or something. Your work is very much appreciated.

dbm said:
I was doing everything step by step but my dsdt, and everything in ur tutorial/guide it simply not the same. And every time i try compile with 131241 sotuions i've tried always get errors. I'ts simply unpossible :(
If you want help with compile errors, attach the dsdt (save as .dsl) with the errors.

Hi Toleda,
will you publish a new version for 10.7.4?
I'm using the lastest drivers including in Multibeast 4.5.2 in 10.7.4 and some times, the sound doesn't load correctly, I have noise as analogic TV when it would have sounds good :(

My MoBo is GA-P45-UD3LR with DSDT of the database. My bios is updated to F11. Realtek ALC888 and analogic output (green conector XD )

Thank you for your work.

PD: sorry if my english is not perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back