Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
thetek said:
I'm trying to use the optical out on my Asrock H67M-ITX to get 5.1 Dolby surround in headphones for gaming if possible.

However, I don't have either of the bottom two options, but I do have optical working. I haven't been able to test it for 5.1 yet. Do I need to get the 892B 5.1 Surround output device option available, or is my digital optical out working at 5.1? And is it in fact DD?
See Note 3 in the first post of this thread. Don't know anything about your gaming application; try it and see if you get DD.

You won't see the last two options until you enable HDMI audio http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31664 and/or create a 5.1 aggregate device in Audio MIDI Setup http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=848.

toleda said:
Regarding the next loading issue, try this experiment. Install the native Lion 10.7.3 AppleHDA.kext_v2.1.7 (ideally, this would be a clean install), restart and reply with a new copy of IOReg.

Here is the IOreg from a fresh install with the stock appleHDA. Same assertion error in console.
p8p67pro_3207_1073_stockhda_reg.zip

By fooling around with the system definitions (macpro3,1) I was able to get AppleHDA.kext to load but still no inputs or outputs in the sound control panel. I tried jamming the pin configurations into the DSDT. When I do that System Profiler shows all the connection info for 892 audio but AppleHDA still does not load and no outputs in sound control panel. When I did a codec dump from ubuntu there were five entries for the nvidia card. Is this normal? Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• p8p67pro_3207_1073_stockhda_reg.zip
    435.5 KB · Views: 101
Unfortunetly, I have the same problem as doof. I flashed new bios 3207 on P8P67 and there is no way I can get AppleHDA.kext to load...

doof said:
By fooling around with the system definitions (macpro3,1) I was able to get AppleHDA.kext to load but still no inputs or outputs in the sound control panel. I tried jamming the pin configurations into the DSDT. When I do that System Profiler shows all the connection info for 892 audio but AppleHDA still does not load and no outputs in sound control panel. When I did a codec dump from ubuntu there were five entries for the nvidia card. Is this normal? Thanks again for your help.
The good news, your 892 is alive. In Ubuntu, 4 Nvidia is normal, the 5th should be the 892. Your dsdt/HDEF is different than the dsdt/HDEF in the first post.

New experiment. Edit the dsdt/HDEF. Install the 892 edited AppleHDA.kext with Kext Utility (MultiBeast/Other Community Software/Kext Utility). Reply with a new copy of IOREG.

Yep my audio is the main thing that's not working for my after updating to 3207 BIOS on my P8P67 Pro Rev. 3.0 Wake on sleep and eSATA are the only other issues I've been having with the newest BIOS (I'm using the speedstepper patched version).

Waiting on a fix :)

Thanks for all your hard work toleda (and the rest of the Hackintosh community)!

toleda said:
doof said:
New experiment. Edit the dsdt/HDEF. Install the 892 edited AppleHDA.kext with Kext Utility (MultiBeast/Other Community Software/Kext Utility). Reply with a new copy of IOREG.

Once more with feeling, here is the ioreg with your DSDT edit verbatim and the bin patched AppleHDA installed. Same sound assertion errors, AppleHDA doesn't load. Seems that everyone with the new bios on this board is having issues.
p8p67pro_3207_1073_toledas_hda_reg.zip

Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• p8p67pro_3207_1073_toledas_hda_reg.zip
    435.5 KB · Views: 107
doof said:
Once more with feeling, here is the ioreg with your DSDT edit verbatim and the bin patched AppleHDA installed. Same sound assertion errors, AppleHDA doesn't load. Seems that everyone with the new bios on this board is having issues.
There is some sort of problem. IOReg/HDEF shows a phantom audio device that should not be there. As an experiment, boot -v to see if there is any change in IOReg.

I tried all line out/ headphone options, but none of them have sound. Any advice?

I have installed the no dsdt variant. Device is listed analog to your screenshots. So this looks quiet well. (look for specs in my signature, Ivy testsystem, motherboard has 892 audio)

toleda said:
There is some sort of problem. IOReg/HDEF shows a phantom audio device that should not be there. As an experiment, boot -v to see if there is any change in IOReg.

Well I did add a hifiman DAC that shows up on the IOUSB plane as Burr Brown 7502. Doesn't change any of the other symptoms though.

Here is the reg after booting with -v
p8p67pro_3207_1073_toledas_hda_reg_boot-v.zip

And here it is with boot -v-x
p8p67pro_3207_1073_toledas_hda_reg_boot-v-x.zip

Thanks

Attachments

• p8p67pro_3207_1073_toledas_hda_reg_boot-v.zip
    389.3 KB · Views: 83
  • p8p67pro_3207_1073_toledas_hda_reg_boot-v-x.zip
    389.4 KB · Views: 76
Status
Not open for further replies.