Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Updated

After update to 10.7.3 no front audio too.
See it the screenshot.
Snymok_ekrana_2012-02-07_v_20.43.45.png

In System Profiler all inputs/outputs are present. but in System Options / Sound = on front line out (headphones) and mic

Hi there,

thanks a lot for the good work!
Installation went flawlessly on my GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3.
No DSDT edit necessary when not using HDMI.

I have one question/issue:
My MB has line out on the back and a connector for F_AUDIO on the MB. I have connected that to my front input of the case.

In Sound settings, I have all the fancy outputs to choose from, but I only get sound when choosing headphones. I have two entries for Line Out - and they do not output anything on my two outputs.

Haven't tried Mic or S/PDIF.

No serious problem, but possibly worth noticing.

Thanks again & cheers,

Rudolf

winlog said:
In System Profiler all inputs/outputs are present. but in System Options / Sound = on front line out (headphones) and mic
Did you plug the headphone into the case/front green port? Try the case/front pink port with a mic/line in plugged in as well.

flytiger said:
My system has exactly same problem, I guess GA-Z68X-UD3H doesn't work well for the front mic port. If you plugin your headphone in the front mic port, it will actually work, seems the mic port expect less resistance than normal mic under os x. It worked fine under windows though.

I've manually apply the same patch to the AppleHDA 2.1.7 (10.7.3) and it seems not any obvious difference. Same two issues that I've mentioned earlier, 1. Front mic and 2. lost auto switch after long time sleep/wake.
From the software perspective, the rear mic, front mic/line in and rear line in are all the same. What ever level works in one port will be the same level in the other ports. In the Read_Me_First, there are several troubleshooting tips that may solve this problem, including one specifically for the front green port. I have never had audio wake problems; just woke my system up (12 hours) with an iPod plugged in to the front port with music playing.

rudz said:
My MB has line out on the back and a connector for F_AUDIO on the MB. I have connected that to my front input of the case.

In Sound settings, I have all the fancy outputs to choose from, but I only get sound when choosing headphones. I have two entries for Line Out - and they do not output anything on my two outputs.
Not sure I understand your problem. Is there a speaker connected to the "fancy output" when you select it in System Preferences/Sound/Output. In other words, if you select the second "Line Out" in System Preferences/Sound/Output, do you have a speaker connected to the black audio port on the motherboard? If yes, do you get sound?

toleda said:
rudz said:

Not sure I understand your problem. Is there a speaker connected to the "fancy output" when you select it in System Preferences/Sound/Output. In other words, if you select the second "Line Out" in System Preferences/Sound/Output, do you have a speaker connected to the black audio port on the motherboard? If yes, do you get sound?

Sorry for not being clear, and thanks for the quick answer.
On the MB I have one socket, that is green (F_AUDIO), and it is connected via cable to my computer's front.
On the back of my MB, I have all kinds of connectors. Viewed from the back, there are three 3.5mm ports: Line-IN, Line-Out and Mic In. Line-Out is green.
I have tested the connector, that goes to my computer's front and the green one on the back (supposed to be Line Out).
Both tested work, but only when I choose Headphones in Audio Prefs. If I choose Line-Out, I hear nothing. Not even on Line-Out on the back.
The only black connector is S/PDIF, and I have not tested that.

Thanks again!

Rudz

rudz said:
On the MB I have one socket, that is green (F_AUDIO), and it is connected via cable to my computer's front.
On the back of my MB, I have all kinds of connectors. Viewed from the back, there are three 3.5mm ports: Line-IN, Line-Out and Mic In. Line-Out is green.
I have tested the connector, that goes to my computer's front and the green one on the back (supposed to be Line Out).
Both tested work, but only when I choose Headphones in Audio Prefs. If I choose Line-Out, I hear nothing. Not even on Line-Out on the back.
I understand; the key is the three ports on the back rather that the normal six. The reason the Line Outs don't work is the connectors for the Line Outs are not present with your motherboard. Your only output is the green rear port which is labeled internal speaker. When you plug in a headphone (green front) the green rear port is muted. You can watch it switch in System Preferences/Sound/Output when you plug in the headphones.

There is another solution for your motherboard. Similar to Windows, the mic in and line in ports are converted to line outs. This kext will give you 5.1 analog. If you are using a dsdt, try this http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=301140#p301140. Note, dsdt/HDEF/layout-id changes with this kext.

Thanks - Deleted Voodoo kext (which has served me well) and replaced AppleHDA.kext installed by 10.7.3 with this after update from 10.7.2. I can not only boot once again (which is kinda useful!!) but now have sound again too.

Agree therefore with a number of other posts I've read advising deleting 'AppleHDA.kext' installed by the 10.7.3 update.

GA-EP35C-DS3R
Core 2 Extreme Quad
GeForce 8800GT 512MB
8GB DDR3
(4.xGHz CPU, between 1500-1600FSB)
OSX Software Raid-0 128k stripe

toleda said:
winlog said:
Did you plug the headphone into the case/front green port? Try the case/front pink port with a mic/line in plugged in as well.
Sorry, I catch the problem. I had the wrong DSDT section. After I was change it, reboot and all works fine. I wasn't catch what does it mean "linked" in the table. Now I have got it. When headphones are plugged in the front green, the rear green is disable, the same for mic. Thanks for patched AppleHDA :headbang:

toleda said:
From the software perspective, the rear mic, front mic/line in and rear line in are all the same. What ever level works in one port will be the same level in the other ports. In the Read_Me_First, there are several troubleshooting tips that may solve this problem, including one specifically for the front green port. I have never had audio wake problems; just woke my system up (12 hours) with an iPod plugged in to the front port with music playing.

Ideally yes, but actually no. The same front port worked fine under windows 7 but not under lion. And the back mic port also works fine (under lion). I am not the only one who has this problem. Maybe our MB is bugged. Lost auto switch is another wake related problem, maybe my DSDT or other device messed things up. Anyway, I appreciate your hard work on the patch. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back