Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep and that one did not work either... but to make sure i will write that in there too

Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Updated

toleda said:
poch333 said:
What edits would I need to make to Platforms.xml to enable manual selection of Speakers/Headphones? (disable auto detect)

As always, thanks for all the amazing work, Toleda. Greatly appreciated.
Simplest way is copy and paste the current speaker/headphone so there are two of the same. In first one, open next level and there are Item 0 and Item 1; delete Item 1 (headphones). In second one, open next level and there are Item 0 and Item 1; delete Item 0 (speakers). Edit this path map as follows:

Current:
Item 0/NodeID/27
Item 1/NodeID/12
Item 2/NodeID/2

New
Item 0/NodeID/27
Item 1/NodeID/38
Item 2/NodeID/37

Save, install and reboot.

I can't seem to work this out. I'm currently using PlistEdit Pro, but I'm not exactly sure what to edit. I'm using a Power Mac G5 case, so auto-detection doesn't work.

Edit: I managed to get it working. :)

Thank you very much for this.

I was having a nightmare getting the sound to work on my Rampage III Extreme motherboard running Lion 10.7.2 nothing seemed to work until I had found this thread.

I deleted my AppleHDA.kext and replaced it with this one in the zip file, I then installed the non DSDT HDA889 Enabler from MultiBeast 4.6.1. Rebooted and upon the next boot voila! I had sound.

Now all I need to fix is the graphics card my 5970.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back