Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 887/888b on Lion [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I use the encoded binary, sound through the green jack on the mobo doesn't work. Volume control still works, and the speaker icon isn't grayed out. DD 5.1 and DTS audio work then through HDMI in VLC

5/3/12 4:36:37.000 PM kernel: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDAWidget at line 3966 goto handler
5/3/12 4:36:37.000 PM kernel: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDAWidget at line 3966 goto handler
5/3/12 4:36:56.000 PM kernel: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDAWidget at line 3966 goto handler
5/3/12 4:36:57.000 PM kernel: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDAWidget at line 3966 goto handler

Attachments

• Mac Server.zip
    665.7 KB · Views: 93
jazz0420 said:
If I use the encoded binary, sound through the green jack on the mobo doesn't work. Volume control still works, and the speaker icon isn't grayed out. DD 5.1 and DTS audio work then through HDMI in VLC
IOReg looks correct. Do either of the line outs work?

I reverted back to the kext with working internal speakers. Basically my problem was that I was pulling the hdmi out of my IPSLED and putting it into my receiver. If i boot with the receiver plugged in then I get encoded HDMI in audio midi setup and vlc. I'm just waiting on my Display port to hdmi to get here so I can have all 3 monitors on. I don't need the optical to bitstream. Not gonna use it. Thanks for all your help though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back