i9-9900K OC 5GHz
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,
some days ago I upgraded from an RX580 to the Asus Vega 64 Strix.

I'm currently using iMac18,3 as SMBIOS, with iGPU enabled and Lilu + WhatEvergreen.
By creating a custom kext with VGTab, I managed to set the fans speed, core/memory clock and voltage, but it isn't 100% perfect.

Problem n.1: High Core Clock when unnecessary.
If I already have Windows booted and after the restart I choose macOS, the core clock keeps over 1.600MHz = useless heat generated. I have to completely shut down the computer and after to power on with macOS. Is there a solution that allows me to switch between Windows and macOS (by simply rebooting) without afflicting core clock?

Problem n.2: DRM contents not working
Thanks to the iGPU I can perform hardware HEVC encoding/decoding, DRM contents still aren't displayed. Anyone know if there's a solution? If I disable the iGPU they start to work perfectly, but I lose the hardware acceleration (which is important for me).

Problem n.3: Change GPU LED color / Aura Sync
A pure cosmetic fix that I would like to do is to change the GPU LED colors on macOS. I already set them up with Aura Sync on Windows (fixed white), but then if I shut down the computer and power it back on (without passing from Windows) they start to blink red. Also disabling them (if not possible to set them white) can be helpful.

Problem n.4: Clover resolution via DisplayPort
I'm using a 3440x1440 monitor connected via DP and I set that resolution in Clover's settings. While with the old RX580 it worked, now in the boot menu and on the early stage of booting macOS, it keeps a very low resolution. I tried with CSM support enabled/disabled and CsmVideoDxe UEFI driver, but it didn't work. I'm using latest BIOS for my motherboard. If I use an HDMI cable, it works perfectly.

Problem n.5: Sensors monitoring
It would be nice a FakeSMC edit in order to let iStat Menus to display sensors related to GPU like core temp etc. Now I can use a Terminal command, but it's annoying.

Thank you in advance and I hope for some suggestion :)

Last edited:
I updated the first message for a better layout.

Just few updates:
- Problem n.1: It doesn't happens always. It looks like that now it has been fixed by himself.
- Problem n.3: By detaching a connector I can turn off some LEDs without opening the card and so void the warranty. The LEDs under the Strix logo have, unfortunately, another connector that can't be removed without removing the plate "over".
- Problem n.4: I discovered that the problem doesn't happen on HDMI, so I switched to it, losing the 10-bit video output in Windows. I can't set "Other OS" in my BIOS, and I tried by switching from "Windows 8/10" to "Windows 8/10 WHQL", with CSM support enabled/disabled.

Michelinu can you please kindly send me your EFI pretty please

Here you are.
I removed some "personal" SMBIOS informations (Board-ID, Board Serial Number, System Serial Number and System SmUUID).

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.5 MB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back