Gigabyte h97m d3h
CPU
Intel i7 4790k 4ghz
Graphics
Geforce 1060 6gb
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the right place to post this but I just successfully finished a build on High Sierra. Whilst installing I came across a lot of articles about getting builds fine tuned post installing and wanted to know where to start ie: building dsdt's, smbios and configuring the config.plist.

Everything so far is working fine (except text edit, it won't open my config.plist??)

I guess what I'm wondering is if I can do anything more to really get everything working perfectly and at its fullest potential. For instance I looked at another persons benchmark test for our cpu and he scored about 300 points higher than I did on multicores. It makes me wonder if my specs are underperforming because I dont have OSX configured perfectly to my hardware.

Here is my build:
Gigabyte GA-H97m-D3h 1150 LGA
I7 4790K 4ghz
Evga 1060 Sc 5gb Graphics Card
Corsair CX650m PSU

I installed using the unibeast/multibeast/clover method.

Any tips on where to start would be great!
Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the right place to post this but I just successfully finished a build on High Sierra. Whilst installing I came across a lot of articles about getting builds fine tuned post installing and wanted to know where to start ie: building dsdt's, smbios and configuring the config.plist.

Everything so far is working fine (except text edit, it won't open my config.plist??)

I guess what I'm wondering is if I can do anything more to really get everything working perfectly and at its fullest potential. For instance I looked at another persons benchmark test for our cpu and he scored about 300 points higher than I did on multicores. It makes me wonder if my specs are underperforming because I dont have OSX configured perfectly to my hardware.

Here is my build:
Gigabyte GA-H97m-D3h 1150 LGA
I7 4790K 4ghz
Evga 1060 Sc 5gb Graphics Card
Corsair CX650m PSU

I installed using the unibeast/multibeast/clover method.

Any tips on where to start would be great!
Thanks

Check into the App Store and see xCode it’s much better then text edit for config plist work and it won’t corrupt your plists.

Clover Configurator app from Mackie is a good one for easy changes to the plist as well and it’s free.
The score may be due to others overclocking or having better CPU power management settings. Ram speeds and quantity can also effect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back