Contribute
Register

Optimal System Definition for ga-z77x-up5-th/3770k

Status
Not open for further replies.
did u use a stock SSDT or make your own and make sure its named correctly SSDT.aml and drop SSDT=Yes is correct and drop p and c states. the main issue with using chameleon wizard it will change your PCIRootUID=1 to 0 so change it back before u save and exit. do some testing on a spare flash drive aka install multibeast to it. SSDT is for ivy power management and MacMini6,2 smbios

thanks for the reply. I just used the i7-3770K-SSDT.aml you provided in this thread, which I believe is the stock. I have the mac mini 6,2 definition with the 3770k cpu.

Attached is my chameleon plist image. Should I go ahead and change to PCIRoot=1 and DropSSDT=Yes in Chameleon Wizard? Btw, I have a GTX 580 running as GPU.

UPDATE: Mountain Lion doesn't boot up when PCIRoot=1. So I have left it out of the boot plist. Should I go ahead and use DropSSDT=Yes?

thanks again.

org.chameleon.Boot.pngorg.chameleon.Boot.plist in Chameleon wizard.png

yes id drop SSDT=Yes i like my rigs set up right if u care more about gb then don't drop. use what PCIRootUID= u need each person has a different vid card and that determines the root id aka rom/memory it has good luck

First of all, thanks for your help. You've been one of the most helpful on this forum. Much appreciated.

Also, I just want to ask what dropSSDT=Yes does and do I need to rename the i7-3770K-SSDT.aml you provided in this thread to SSDT.aml ?

I agree. I'd rather have a properly running system than something that isn't but performs better. Strange that my i7 3770k with 32gb 1600mhz ddr3 ram gets only 11.5k in 64bit multi-core Geekbench 3. I've seen imac equivalents and other hackintosh equivalents benchmark at 13k and up.

I may think about overclocking the cpu and/or ram in the future. Would you be able to point me to some kind of beginners guide to overclocking, if there is any such thing?

thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back