i7 3770K 3.5 GHz
Graphics
EVGA GTX 780 SC 6GB
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi.
I'm a relative hackintosh newbie and was able to build and properly run my ga-z77x-up5-th/3770k OS 10.8.2 system with sysdef macpro 3,1.

But I'm experiencing annoying performance quirks. I have a strange feeling that my system is not performing up to spec.

Some have said the issue maybe using a nonoptimal system definition for my build. Can anybody recommend a better performing system definition?

thanks in advance!

MacMini6,2 + SSDT.aml

thanks for the reply but I'm a total newbie and I will have to do some digging to learn what SSDT is and how I can apply it... but any short primer/intro you can provide would be much appreciated :)

thanks again.

first install chameleon wizard then open smbois click edit select premaid smbois select MacMini6,2 save put the SSDT.aml in your extra folder. this is as easy as i can make it then reboot then check about this mac more info it should say MacMini6,2

Attachments

• ChameleonWizard.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 98
  • i7-3770K-SSDT.zip
    885 bytes · Views: 163
Thanks Stephor. I do see performance increase in some programs that were acting wonky. DaVinci Resolve used to choke on the macpro 3,1 definition, but with the macmini 6,2; it works like a champ!

But I noticed that after I changed the system definition to Mac Mini 6,2 with your instruction; my geekbench score dropped from 15k to 13.5k. Any idea why?

Overall I'm happy with the change. Thanks for your input!!!

Attachments

• Geekbench 07:05:13.png
    Geekbench 07:05:13.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 259
  • Geekbench 07:22:13.png
    Geekbench 07:22:13.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 208
14000 is normal for the 3770k u could fix your ram timings and get back another 850 points + as long as your happy thats all that maters

I have 32gb Corsair Vengeance clocked at 1600mhz. The official specs state "Timing: 10-10-10-27 latency" and my bios setting matches that. Is there a better timing setting for my ram?

thx.

your ram isnt very good for oc u could try this set them up at 1866 set the voltage at 1.65 and timing at 10-10-9-24-34-2t u may need to bump vtt to 1.10 in bois. my samsung 2x4gb 1600 30nm 1.35v i can oc to 2350 at 1.5v 9 9 9 24 1t its the best oc ram u can buy

Hi stehor,

I'm just following up about the great system profile advice you gave me. So far, my system is running fine.

But I just have one minor concern. While running Chameleon Wizard, does it hurt the system if I didn't specifically choose 'Update' bootloader and used one of the 'boot0xxx' install choices? I had already installed Chimera from Multibeast when i first built my system.

Thanks again.

Hi Stehor,

I was recently told that I need to add DropSSDT=Yes to Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. So I tried it and rebooted, then ran Geekbench3 and now I'm getting around 11200 in 64 bit multicore instead of the 13200 that I was originally getting. I removed that line and rebooted but now I'm still getting the lower score. Any idea what happened?

Thanks again.

EDIT: I recently updated my Chameleon and ran Geekbench3 again without the DropSSDT=Yes and I'm getting my normal 13.3k for 64bit multicore score. My question is what happened with the fluctuating GB 3 Score and would I benefit from Dropssdt=yes in my plist? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back