Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an AsRock z68 Extreme4. I have installed Lion successfully. I have audio, but I use the optical output which is connected to my AVR w/ 5.1 surround sound. Currently sound comes from the left and right channel, not the center, is there a way I can gain more control over the sound? Also is there a way I can control the volume with the volume keys on my Mac keyboard?

Thank you!!

You have to control the volume on your AV receiver if you use the optical-out, keyboard or system volume only works with analog output.

5.1 signal comes from your source file (music/video) or it should be "converted" by your AV, have you tried to switch modes on it?

Currently sound comes from my left and right channel, I want the sound to come from only my center channel because my left and right speakers are very far from my desk. Is there a way to get sound out from my center channel?

It is being recognized as a stereo setup and not a 5.1 setup, is it suppose to be like that?

I don't specifically need to play 5.1, but I would like to change the channel in which my sound is coming out from. Currently sound comes from my left and right channel, but I want the sound to come out from my center channel only if possible

eKvin said:
It is being recognized as a stereo setup and not a 5.1 setup, is it suppose to be like that?

If you select Configure Speakers..., does selecting Multichannel give you the option to select a surround mode?

In my setup I can only select stereo as my outboard DAC is only 2 channel but your results my differ. I've never had anything more than a 2 channel setup so I'm kinda just throwing ideas out there...

Attachments

• AudioMidiSetup.png
    AudioMidiSetup.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 171
I can only select stereo, they other options are all grayed out.

eKvin said:
I can only select stereo, they other options are all grayed out.
OS X can't do what you are asking for. Your receiver makes the sound. On my receiver, the option is All Channel Stereo. That option gives me sound on the center channel. There is likely a similar option on your receiver. Otherwise, you have to plug the speakers into your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back