Contribute
Register

Opinion on z68x-ud4-b3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught fire, really? That doesn't sound like something the RAM could do. If anything, the higher memory Voltage could potentially damage the CPU memory controller, or rather, shorten its lifespan. But that's about it.

If something burnt on the board, it would've had to have been 1. a bad component, 2. a bad PSU 3. a power surge that the cheap PSU didn't prevent.

Caught fire, really? That doesn't sound like something the RAM could do. If anything, the higher memory Voltage could potentially damage the CPU memory controller, or rather, shorten its lifespan. But that's about it.

If something burnt on the board, it would've had to have been 1. a bad component, 2. a bad PSU 3. a power surge that the cheap PSU didn't prevent.

Yaa, it actually caught fire. First I was using a Asus P8P67 mother board with XMS RAM and it caught fire, afterwards I bought a Gigabyte Z68 and changed the RAM to non XMS and its been an year since its working fine without any issues.

Now the problem was either in the motherboard or RAM, because rest every other part is working perfect in my system.

Yaa, got a replaced board, the previous one was just 7 day old.

Hi!

I am facing a minor issue, I bought a retail DVD of Snow Leopard but when I am running it on my pc it gives me a boot camp partition by default and not the mac installation partition.

Can you tell me how to get the Mac partition from it on windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back