Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 580 Armor 8GB OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello everyone!

I have done a Geekbench test today after solving some issues I stumbled upon during this week on my first Hack.
Here is the result: http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1028193

For the lazy people, the score is 13416 for a MacPro3,1 configuration:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
Intel Core i7-3770K @ 3.50 GHz (8MB)
2x8GB DDR3 1600MHz (it says 0Mhz on the test though)
GeForce GTX 660 Ti (2GB)

Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

I have also used Blackmagic Disk Speed Test on a Samsung 830 Series 128GB which resulted in 360MB/s (read) and 253MB/s (write).

What do you guys think of this?
Is it good? Could it be better with this hardware? Am I missing something?

Thanks everyone!

The result by itself seems to be okay, but what about the SSD speed? Is it normal for this particular one? My Crucial m4 is doing like 250 write and 520 read. Maybe you are using a SATA2 port?

And finally, ye, it could be better, if you overclock your CPU ;)

My setup is very similar to yours, but I'm OCing. I've been able to get a stable setup with a GB score of almost 15,000, so if you want higher GB scores, you'll definitely want to OC.

For reference also, my OCZ Vertex 4 256GB has a black magic (never used it before until you mentioned it) score of about 400 on write and near 500 on read.

All that being said, it depends on your goals. If you're trying to get the highest GB score, you definitely have some room to improve. If you want a stable hackintosh and you're happy with it, sounds like you've achieved that.

@the_gael, where do you set the RAM speed? I have Corsair's Vengeance as well.

@FNTK, I'm using Sata 3 port and cable. The thing here might be the capacity, mine is a 128GB which might be slower. I don't know what I could have done wrong...

I might overclock in the near future but I need a good heatsink first. Also, feel free to point me to some basic guides/tutorials for that because it will be my first :confused:

@the_gael, where do you set the RAM speed? I have Corsair's Vengeance as well.

@FNTK, I'm using Sata 3 port and cable. The thing here might be the capacity, mine is a 128GB which might be slower. I don't know what I could have done wrong...

I might overclock in the near future but I need a good heatsink first. Also, feel free to point me to some basic guides/tutorials for that because it will be my first :confused:

First of all I have to say that I am running most of the time without overclock I just apply that profile if I am doing any video stuff.

to set your RAM to the correct speed go to

(press F1 first if you are in 3D mode to get to the advanced settings)

M.I.T. > Advanced Memory Settings > System Memory Multiplier and set that to 16
also set Performance Enhance which is below it to TURBO this will slightly tighten the timings.

There is an option to use XMP Profile 1 but I tested with that when I first got the board and discovered that in my case anyway I had problems with USB devices not working immediately after sleep when I selected that option. Hence the reason I set the RAM to its correct speed manually.

Hope that helps :D

It looks like it's already set that way. I haven't changed anything.

What I don't understand is the shutdown problem.
First when I tried to shutdown the fans would keep spinning. Then I fixe'd that and thought it was the Trim Enabler from multi beast but it was not.

Now its happening again, I don't know what I'm supposed to do.
Already removed the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from /S/L/E, did not help.

Why is this?

EDIT
Found a thread around here talking about removing the EvOreboot.kext
Did a few shutdown tests after that and looks like it's solved.

Had you specifically selected EvOreboot for installation?

If not it sounds as if you may have selected the wrong Multibeast installation method.

EvOreboot is installed when you choose the EasyBeast Installation method, the correct method for the Z77X-UD5H board is the UserDSDT or DSDT-Free method which does not install EvOreboot

I don't remember selecting the EasyBeast Installation...
EvOreboot wasn't there when it happened for the first time, I remember looking for it. What could have installed it later?

odd one! I don't know that anything else would install it besides accidentally selecting it in Multibeast - I haven't installed using EasyBeast but when I looked at the documentation it is listed as being installed in an EasyBeast installation. To the best of my knowledge that is the only other way it could have got installed other than being individually selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back