Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

for me it had to be in the efi partition for qflash to see the bios

for me it had to be in the efi partition for qflash to see the bios
Are you talking about the modded bios patch or a regular one downloaded from the Gigabyte website?
I've placed the modded one in the EFI partition but it still isn't seen, there's something else missing/ wrong as the standard bios file is seen no matter what drive or where on those drives i place it..

I'm all up and running with the config.plist patches but will definitely switch over to a bios mod if/when I can.

OC certainly seems to work well (so far) I was able to restore everything with migration assistant from my iMac, everything works as it should.

Hi here is an EFI folder with the latest Opencore release (0.5.9) with everything working including Boot-Chime, proper port Mapping and HotPlugging/Swop for external hard drives. You may have to have an additional entry for your RX 5700, I don't know. I have included a modified BIOS from Gigabyte that has a CFG Lock/Unlock feature in the BIOS Menu.

1. The first thing you need to do is to format a spare USB drive as Fat32 then drag and drop the file 'AZ390WUK' onto the usb drive you just formatted.

2. Reboot the machine into the BIOS reset the machine to Optimised Defaults (or words to that effect) by pressing F7 save and reboot with the USB Drive attached to a known working port.

3. In the BIOS you need to invoke 'Q-Flash' (can't remember which F-Key at this point but sub menu will tell which one)
follow instructions to transfer the file from the USB Drive to update the machine's Bios.

4. When the copying is complete, remove the usb drive and the machine will reboot. Press the delete key to boot into the BIOS once more and check the BIOS version has changed from previous.

5. Now setup the BIOS for OpenCore, you will come across the CFG Menu to toggle it Off/On. You're now ready to try the EFI Folder I attached also. You will need to enter your personal data to the config.plist, do not use Text Edit, use Xcode or better still, use PlistEdit Pro. Good luck.

You getting 3.5 jack audio from your config? USB headphone broke on me. Not getting audio from the back or front jacks

Your posted 0.5.9

Ok carefully check these details are exactly as so in your config.plist and the the driver AudioDxe.efi is in the Drivers Folder.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 01.31.32.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 01.31.32.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 01.32.34.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-05 at 01.32.34.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 48
Ok carefully check these details are exactly as so in your config.plist and the the driver AudioDxe.efi is in the Drivers Folder.

All looks the same!!! I question if its because I installed OC over a Clover install. Checked my L/E and deleted a few older .kext files that was in there.

You getting 3.5 jack audio from your config? USB headphone broke on me. Not getting audio from the back or front jacks
Audio is working perfect here, headphone jack and audio out from the back for my speakers. If you're still having problems let me know as I built new OC version EFI Folder and now running 0.6.0 with everything working also.

Audio is working perfect here, headphone jack and audio out from the back for my speakers. If you're still having problems let me know as I built new OC version EFI Folder and now running 0.6.0 with everything working also.

Post it when you get a chance. I'll have a look at it

Back