Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

Export as is but rename the file as Setup.bin

then move ifrextract to your desktop
Move setup.bin to the desktop
Go to terminal and type this and run (change path info):

path/to/desktop/ifrextract path/to/desktop/Setup.bin path/to/desktop/Setup.txt

ifrextract will create the setup.txt where you can find the info for the cfg lock.

let me know after that

A6959A61-9C94-46F5-B9BF-8003838E7916.jpeg
this is what mine looked like using the latest bios f12c I believe.

Export as is but rename the file as Setup.bin

then move ifrextract to your desktop
Move setup.bin to the desktop
Go to terminal and type this and run (change path info):

path/to/desktop/ifrextract path/to/desktop/Setup.bin path/to/desktop/Setup.txt

ifrextract will create the setup.txt where you can find the info for the cfg lock.

let me know after that
I am getting this error message:
Jasons-Mac-Pro:~ jasonpere$ path/to/desktop/ifrextract path/to/desktop/Setup.binpath/to/desktop/Setup.txt

-bash: path/to/desktop/ifrextract: No such file or directory

I am almost there what you do think I should be looking at or next step?

Last edited:
Use the actual path to your desktop that’s a dummy path

Use the actual path to your desktop that’s a dummy path
thanks for the information. After many hours of attempts and trying to get the ifrextract to work, I still haven't succeeded. If I attach the file could you convert it for me? thanks for all the help!

UPDATE: I just got the TXT file !!!!!!! thanks you so much!!! you are a great help! =)

Last edited:
@moshsom
Thanks you so much! I finally got the OS running! I do appreciate all your help! I also found this video that was really helpful. Incase if anyone new to this thread needs an extra guide than the one on OpenCore website:
I strongly recommend it for beginners like myself! Cheers and thank you again!

Give this EFI a shot. :) Add your own data in "Platform Info".

Thank you slipanot, pastrychef and others contributing to this thread..

I've spent 2 days trying to get OC working but I just couldn't get the installer to run. Id updated to 12c bios, unlocked CFG and followed the OC guide as best as I could but in the end I used your EFI (which still failed multiple times until I used a certain USB port)

I've installed the EFI folder to my SSD EFI partition now, I noticed my front USB 3.0 ports only powered an external HDD and the USB 3.0 on the back is copying files over at a speed of 110 MB/s, I guess I need to create my own USB mapping or something?

I cannot at any stage select a different boot option in OC when it starts up, my USB Magic 2 keyboard doesn't work at that point (does in bios) and my boot times seem slow with some messy text appearing to start, I'll have a read up on the Post install section of the guide but any tips from you guys would be welcomed!

I'm sure I'll break something shortly, but in the mean time its all good, so thanks again.

Thank you slipanot, pastrychef and others contributing to this thread..

I've spent 2 days trying to get OC working but I just couldn't get the installer to run. Id updated to 12c bios, unlocked CFG and followed the OC guide as best as I could but in the end I used your EFI (which still failed multiple times until I used a certain USB port)

I've installed the EFI folder to my SSD EFI partition now, I noticed my front USB 3.0 ports only powered an external HDD and the USB 3.0 on the back is copying files over at a speed of 110 MB/s, I guess I need to create my own USB mapping or something?

I cannot at any stage select a different boot option in OC when it starts up, my USB Magic 2 keyboard doesn't work at that point (does in bios) and my boot times seem slow with some messy text appearing to start, I'll have a read up on the Post install section of the guide but any tips from you guys would be welcomed!

I'm sure I'll break something shortly, but in the mean time its all good, so thanks again.
Hi here is an EFI folder with the latest Opencore release (0.5.9) with everything working including Boot-Chime, proper port Mapping and HotPlugging/Swop for external hard drives. You may have to have an additional entry for your RX 5700, I don't know. I have included a modified BIOS from Gigabyte that has a CFG Lock/Unlock feature in the BIOS Menu.

1. The first thing you need to do is to format a spare USB drive as Fat32 then drag and drop the file 'AZ390WUK' onto the usb drive you just formatted.

2. Reboot the machine into the BIOS reset the machine to Optimised Defaults (or words to that effect) by pressing F7 save and reboot with the USB Drive attached to a known working port.

3. In the BIOS you need to invoke 'Q-Flash' (can't remember which F-Key at this point but sub menu will tell which one)
follow instructions to transfer the file from the USB Drive to update the machine's Bios.

4. When the copying is complete, remove the usb drive and the machine will reboot. Press the delete key to boot into the BIOS once more and check the BIOS version has changed from previous.

5. Now setup the BIOS for OpenCore, you will come across the CFG Menu to toggle it Off/On. You're now ready to try the EFI Folder I attached also. You will need to enter your personal data to the config.plist, do not use Text Edit, use Xcode or better still, use PlistEdit Pro. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.1 MB · Views: 128
  • AZ390WFUK.zip-(New BIOS Profile contais easy Unlock CFG).zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 84
Hi here is an EFI folder with the latest Opencore release (0.5.9) with everything working including Boot-Chime, proper port Mapping and HotPlugging/Swop for external hard drives. You may have to have an additional entry for your RX 5700, I don't know. I have included a modified BIOS from Gigabyte that has a CFG Lock/Unlock feature in the BIOS Menu.

1. The first thing you need to do is to format a spare USB drive as Fat32 then drag and drop the file 'AZ390WUK' onto the usb drive you just formatted.

2. Reboot the machine into the BIOS reset the machine to Optimised Defaults (or words to that effect) by pressing F7 save and reboot with the USB Drive attached to a known working port.

3. In the BIOS you need to invoke 'Q-Flash' (can't remember which F-Key at this point but sub menu will tell which one)
follow instructions to transfer the file from the USB Drive to update the machine's Bios.

4. When the copying is complete, remove the usb drive and the machine will reboot. Press the delete key to boot into the BIOS once more and check the BIOS version has changed from previous.

5. Now setup the BIOS for OpenCore, you will come across the CFG Menu to toggle it Off/On. You're now ready to try the EFI Folder I attached also. You will need to enter your personal data to the config.plist, do not use Text Edit, use Xcode or better still, use PlistEdit Pro. Good luck.
Wow thanks, I don't want to break things, but the idea of the modified bios is great though..

I guess that worst that happens is I break the EFI folder and have to replace it?

Wow thanks, I don't want to break things, but the idea of the modified bios is great though..

I guess that worst that happens is I break the EFI folder and have to replace it?

Its all good brother. Just follow esafeddie instructions

Back