Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

Wifi on this board will only work on Windows side if you're dual booting, for OS X you'll have to install a Mac compatible wifi/bluetooth combo card. It is not necessary to unlock MSR but you will have to reflect this in the config.plist with OC otherwise it will not install or boot. I would suggest make sure you update to the latest BIOS version for the board before doing an installation then setup the BIOS with the settings I posted earlier.

The config for MSR that is unlocked or locked?

BIOS - Settings as below:

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10WHQL
• Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)
• Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1
• Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled (Set to Disabled if using SMBios iMacPro1,1)
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto
• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hand-off -> Enabled
• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled
• Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled

Then try the OC EFI Folder inside for installation attached which is for Mac model 19,1.

folder is empty brother!!!

cabal2000
Unless you're using sidecar smbios MacPro1,1 would be more stable / better.

Assumes CGF lock is disabled in bios. . if you don't want to unlock it that way set the following in config;
Kernel>Quirks>AppleCpuPmCfgLock - Yes
Kernel>Quirks>AppleXcpmCfgLock - yes

but in reality you're better off just loading the bios profile once you've updated to the latest bios.

disable iGPU

EFI folder Credit to AudioGod

Edit*
Looking at your Graphics card you shouldn't need the boot argument agdpmod=pikera either

Attachments

• OpenCore 060 Z390 Pro 1,1 030820.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
setup_var_3 0X5C1 0X0?

Keep things as simple as possible mate.

download and install bios F12c https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_z390-aorus-pro-wifi_f12c.zip

open bios and load the following PROFILE, its not a modded bios but a modded profile only LOAD SAVE MENU > LOAD PROFILE> point to location on USB stick..., and then save that profile for yourself, you will know its loaded as it will make the necessary changes to your bios and the AORUS text on your Mobo will turn from orange to white.

there may be an additional couple of changes to make as esafeeddie has listed above, so just check, but i think specifically :

• Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled (Set to Disabled if using SMBios iMacPro1,1)

bios profile credit to AudioGod

Attachments

• F12c Unlock.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 62
Keep things as simple as possible mate.

download and install bios F12c https://download.gigabyte.com/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_z390-aorus-pro-wifi_f12c.zip

open bios and load the following PROFILE, its not a modded bios but a modded profile only LOAD SAVE MENU > LOAD PROFILE> point to location on USB stick..., and then save that profile for yourself, you will know its loaded as it will make the necessary changes to your bios and the AORUS text on your Mobo will turn from orange to white.

there may be an additional couple of changes to make as esafeeddie has listed above, so just check, but i think specifically :

bios profile credit to AudioGod

Thanks brother really appreciate it. I am hoping to have the board in a few weeks. Amazon Canada is pretty slow these days.

Thanks brother really appreciate it. I am hoping to have the board in a few weeks. Amazon Canada is pretty slow these days.
You're welcome, I'm just sharing the info files I gathered from esafeddie and AudioGod..
I'm also using smbios 1,1 it works flawlessly, stable enough that I was confident in selling my iMac and just using my hack now.

You're welcome, I'm just sharing the info files I gathered from esafeddie and AudioGod..
I'm also using smbios 1,1 it works flawlessly, stable enough that I was confident in selling my iMac and just using my hack now.

I first went with a micro build with the Z390 I Aocus, i hate it, one PCI slot, over heating when playing games and encoding h265. USB ports are mapped but they work one day and not the next, BT isn't working again for some reason, the thing is fighting me week in week out.

@ rob 1980 - Thanks for your input, actually Mac Pro1.1 is the Mac model I use on my setup also a Beta Bios version for my board where the CFG setting is actually in the BIOS that can be easily enabled/disabled. I opted for MacPro 1,1 to be able to watch DRM content and Apple TV+ which didn't work with iMac 19,1.

@ rob 1980 - Thanks for your input, actually Mac Pro1.1 is the Mac model I use on my setup also a Beta Bios version for my board where the CFG setting is actually in the BIOS that can be easily enabled/disabled. I opted for MacPro 1,1 to be able to watch DRM content and Apple TV+ which didn't work with iMac 19,1.

Yes I read that you'd moved to 1,1 for that reason, I also followed suit even though I had little to no issues with 19,1 just the fact that I had a dedicated GPU seemed to be the best route and I'd read about the improved stability.

I don't have the Beta bios you have obviously, would certainly be easier to have the option in the settings menu I guess but in reality once its setup and the profile saved there should be no future issues..
Why would that option be removed from a bios in the first place do you know?

Back