Contribute
Register

OpenCore Shutdown/Restart continuous issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I thought it was. I will do it now. I need to find a way to still use the corsair cooler and hub. Will need to investigate. Thank you.

UPDATE: I just checked and it was disabled already.
this was from your previous config.plist:

Code:
<key>XhciPortLimit</key>
                <true/>

That is odd. Where is that section? Under Kernel? Mine say its off? Maybe it's on more than one place?
search for XhciPortLimit in xcode or plisteditpro

Looking through the ACPI folder you provided I would make the following comments:
  1. Your DSDT.aml doesn't contain (\_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE), so the SSDT-Fix-USB-Shutdown.aml table in your /OC/ACPI folder will not work with your system.
  2. You are using four (4) Dortania SSDT's
    1. SSDT-AWAC.aml
    2. SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml
    3. SSDT-PLUG.aml, and
    4. SSDT-PMC.aml
  3. Of these four SSDT's one one is not a generic 'catch-all' table with multiple entries so it works for multiple systems, that being the SSDT-AWAC.aml. Funnily enough your system doesn't need that SSDT, so it too is doing nothing useful for your system.
  4. Using your DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime script I have created some custom SSDT's and config.plist patches your system does need. This includes the following SSDT's:
    • SSDT-EC.aml
    • SSDT-HPET.aml
    • SSDT-PLUG.aml
    • SSDT-PMC.aml, and
    • SSDT-USB-Reset.aml
  5. Based on the above I would recommend you remove the SSDT's you are currently using and add these new custom SSDT's in their place.
  6. I would also recommend you add a standalone SSDT-USBX.aml to your setup. As the custom SSDT-EC.aml table doesn't contain the USB power settings your system requires, neither does the SSDT-USB-Z390-UD.aml or USBMap.kext you were previously using.
I have attached a folder containing the SSDT's in *.aml and *.dsl format, plus the OC config.plist patches required for SSDT-HPET.aml to work.

The XhciPortLimit Quirk is only present once in your config.plist and it is set as disabled/false. This could mean the OC folder you posted and the one you are using to boot your system are not identical.

You need to check this out fairly quickly, as we may be providing incorrect information based on the OC folder you posted.

Edit. Forgot to add the SSDT-USBX.aml table.

Attachments

• demonknight9 SSDTs.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 35
  • SSDT-USBX.aml.zip
    943 bytes · Views: 37
Last edited:
Looking through the ACPI folder you provided I would make the following comments:
  1. Your DSDT.aml doesn't contain (\_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE), so the SSDT-Fix-USB-Shutdown.aml table in your /OC/ACPI folder will not work with your system.
  2. You are using four (4) Dortania SSDT's
    1. SSDT-AWAC.aml
    2. SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml
    3. SSDT-PLUG.aml, and
    4. SSDT-PMC.aml
  3. Of these four SSDT's one one is not a generic 'catch-all' table with multiple entries so it works for multiple systems, that being the SSDT-AWAC.aml. Funnily enough your system doesn't need that SSDT, so it too is doing nothing useful for your system.
  4. Using your DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime script I have created some custom SSDT's and config.plist patches your system does need. This includes the following SSDT's:
    • SSDT-EC.aml
    • SSDT-HPET.aml
    • SSDT-PLUG.aml
    • SSDT-PMC.aml, and
    • SSDT-USB-Reset.aml
  5. Based on the above I would recommend you remove the SSDT's you are currently using and add these new custom SSDT's in their place.
  6. I would also recommend you add a standalone SSDT-USBX.aml to your setup. As the custom SSDT-EC.aml table doesn't contain the USB power settings your system requires, neither does the SSDT-USB-Z390-UD.aml or USBMap.kext you were previously using.
I have attached a folder containing the SSDT's in *.aml and *.dsl format, plus the OC config.plist patches required for SSDT-HPET.aml to work.

The XhciPortLimit Quirk is only present once in your config.plist and it is set as disabled/false. This could mean the OC folder you posted and the one you are using to boot your system are not identical.

You need to check this out fairly quickly, as we may be providing incorrect information based on the OC folder you posted.

Edit. Forgot to add the SSDT-USBX.aml table.
Hi mate, thank you so much for taking the time to do this. I am going to do everything you instructed and see if it helps with the shutdown.

Just a question if you dont mind?

"Your DSDT.aml doesn't contain (\_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE)" Does this mean that it is not compatible with my system or do I need to modify the DSDT with this (\_SB.PCI0.XHC.PMEE) in order to use the SSDT-Fix-USB-Shutdown.aml?

The ACPI files I was using are on post #7. The ones inside the EFI are the Dortania SSDT's I was trying as a test to fix the shutdown issue.

Ok, I am going to crack on and do this now.

I will keep you posted

It is not compatible with your system. So you shouldn't use the SSDT-Fix-USB-Shutdown.aml.

It is not compatible with your system. So you shouldn't use the SSDT-Fix-USB-Shutdown.aml.
Ok, thank you. Hopefully this will work.

Is there a compatible SSDT-Fix-USB-Shutdown.aml or something similar for my motherboard that shuts down the computer when I click shutdown? Like an app or something else?

Ok, thank you. Hopefully this will work.

Is there a compatible SSDT-Fix-USB-Shutdown.aml or something similar for my motherboard that shuts down the computer when I click shutdown? Like an app or something else?
shouldn't be needed if your usb ports are setup correctly

shouldn't be needed if your usb ports are setup correctly
Ok, thanks Feartech. I am going to do it all over again. I tried last night but even inserting a usb 3.0 device on all ports I can't get them to show up as usb 3.0 apart from one?

Ok, thanks Feartech. I am going to do it all over again. I tried last night but even inserting a usb 3.0 device on all ports I can't get them to show up as usb 3.0 apart from one?
best to use Catalina

enable XhciPortLimit remove usbportskext

maybe add in USBInjectAll.kext

then test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back