Contribute
Register

OpenCore Shutdown/Restart continuous issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
you only have usb3.0 ports on your system?
Yep. I have headers for usb 2.0 on the motherboard where I connect the bluetooth part of my apple pcie BCM94360CD. I also connect the liquid cooler to the second header. All the USB's at the back of the motherboard are USB 3.0 and the USB's at the front are also USB 3.0 plugged into the USB 3.0 header on the motherboard.

I did find it strange to only have one available when I mapped the ports but I did it several times and that is what was available to me in Hackintool. I bought a hub with 4 extra usb 3.0 ports to mitigate for the fact that I only had one available. I plugged the hub into that and have 4 extra ports.

I have quite a few usb 2.0 devices though, like the Logitech camera

Yep. I have headers for usb 2.0 on the motherboard where I connect the bluetooth part of my apple pcie BCM94360CD. I also connect the liquid cooler to the second header. All the USB's at the back of the motherboard are USB 3.0 and the USB's at the front are also USB 3.0 plugged into the USB 3.0 header on the motherboard.

I did find it strange to only have one available when I mapped the ports but I did it several times and that is what was available to me in Hackintool. I bought a hub with 4 extra usb 3.0 ports to mitigate for the fact that I only had one available. I plugged the hub into that and have 4 extra ports.

I have quite a few usb 2.0 devices though, like the Logitech camera
internal items like bluetooth etc should be listed as "internal" in hackintool

Incompatible USB devices, such as the liquid cooler in macOS, can often cause USB power calls that prevent the system from sleeping and shutting down correctly.

You may need to disconnect the Liquid Cooler's USB connection, even if the port is correctly configured as Internal instead of USB3.

internal items like bluetooth etc should be listed as "internal" in hackintool
Yes, they are when I use my usbmap.kext like this.

They are listed as HS11 and HS12

Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 17.40.31.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 17.41.32.jpg

Incompatible USB devices, such as the liquid cooler in macOS, can often cause USB power calls that prevent the system from sleeping and shutting down correctly.

You may need to disconnect the Liquid Cooler's USB connection, even if the port is correctly configured as Internal instead of USB3.
Ok, that makes sense. I can understand sleep but when its shutting down it should just shutdown.

Why does it happen rarely during the day and always at night?

Ok, that makes sense. I can understand sleep but when its shutting down it should just shutdown.

Why does it happen rarely during the day and always at night?
XhciPortLimit should also be disabled after you have setup your usb ports...

XhciPortLimit should also be disabled after you have setup your usb ports...
Ok, I thought it was. I will do it now. I need to find a way to still use the corsair cooler and hub. Will need to investigate. Thank you.

UPDATE: I just checked and it was disabled already.

That Hackintool screenshot is showing 16 ports as active. According to that image you have a single physical USB3 port available, SS01. The XhciPortLimit quirk is known to be problematic in newer versions of Big Sur (11.3+).

A lot of users had to downgrade to an older version of macOS to create a working USBPorts.kext for their systems to work correctly in the later versions of Big Sur and Monterey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back