Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I normally dont ask for help and try and sort things out myself but this has got me puzzled for far too long.
I have exhausted all the hits in google and the posts here and after trying a billion things the same issue still remains.

A bit of a back story. When Catalina came out I decided to migrate from Clover to Opencore.
Everything was working fine in Clover but everyone says that Opencore is the future so I decided to move to it.

I created my OpenCore plist and after some trial and error I managed to get a working system. I did a lot of cleaning and the system is now rock solid after many updates.

One thing I cant get right is the annoying bug about shutdown.
I am using Monterey and since Catalina the system does not shutdown but instead reboot.
If I shutdown during the day it will shutdown 9 times out of 10. If I am working all evening and night it is the other way around, it shuts down properly one time of 10.

I mean, what can be causing that? I use the Z390 UD SSDT together with the necessary SSDT's to get the system running. I only use AppleALC, Lilu, RTL8111, VirtualSMC and Whatevergreen as kexts.

In clover we could use the Fix Shutdown flag but I just cant figure it out in OpenCore.

Please someone help. It is the only thing not working in my rig

Last edited:
I normally dont ask for help and try and sort things out myself but this has got me puzzled for far too long.
I have exhausted all the hits in google and the posts here and after trying a billion things the same issue still remains.

A bit of a back story. When Catalina came out I decided to migrate from Clover to Opencore.
Everything was working fine in Clover but everyone says that Opencore is the future so I decided to move to it.

I created my OpenCore plist and after some trial and error I managed to get a working system. I did a lot of cleaning and the system is not rock solid after many updates.

One thing I cant get right is the annoying bug about shutdown.
I am using Monterey and since Catalina the system does not shutdown but instead reboot.
If I shutdown during the day it will shutdown 9 times out of 10. If I am working all evening and night it is the other way around, it shuts down properly one time of 10.

I mean, what can be causing that? I use the Z390 UD SSDT together with the necessary SSDT's to get the system running. I only use AppleALC, Lilu, RTL8111, VirtualSMC and Whatevergreen as kexts.

In clover we could use the Fix Shutdown flag but I just cant figure it out in OpenCore.

Please someone help. It is the only thing not working in my rig
assumed you have done this:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...to-usb-port-configuration.286553/post-2029768 ?

Hi Feartech, yes I have configured all the USB ports and have USBPorts.kext.

I forgot about that kext. This was one of the methods I used to try and sort out the Shutdown issue.

What makes it more annoying is that sometimes it works. During the day it almost always works but in the evening, if I have been using it for a few hours and just before going to bed it always reboots when I initiate the shutdown in the Apple logo.

Why does it work sometimes but not others? I mean, when something is broken it never works, right?

Hi Feartech, yes I have configured all the USB ports and have USBPorts.kext.

I forgot about that kext. This was one of the methods I used to try and sort out the Shutdown issue.

What makes it more annoying is that sometimes it works. During the day it almost always works but in the evening, if I have been using it for a few hours and just before going to bed it always reboots when I initiate the shutdown in the Apple logo.

Why does it work sometimes but not others? I mean, when something is broken it never works, right?
not sure, zip and upload your EFI so someone can take a look

Sure, I really appreciate that. I feel like I have nothing else to try
delete SSDT-USB-Z390-UD.aml as you already using USBMap.kext, although your kext is only listing 1 SS port, would assume to see more though

also missing your HPET aml file

delete SSDT-USB-Z390-UD.aml as you already using USBMap.kext, although your kext is only listing 1 SS port, would assume to see more though

also missing your HPET aml file
Ok. I have the HPET aml file from the ones I generated for my motherboard. I have placed it in the ACPI folder now. I had all of those. attached is the ACPI I have generated for my motherboard with some extra ones to try and fix the shutdown issue.

The ones in the EFI Folder I posted here are just tryouts, again to try and fix this annoying problem.

In regards to USB 3.1 they are all meant to be USB 3.1 but when mapping the ports, despite selecting USB 3.1 they only run at USB 2.0 speeds. All Apart from one?

Do you think that is what causing it?

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    49.9 KB · Views: 33
Ok. I have the HPET aml file from the ones I generated for my motherboard. I have placed it in the ACPI folder now. I had all of those. attached is the ACPI I have generated for my motherboard with some extra ones to try and fix the shutdown issue.

The ones in the EFI Folder I posted here are just tryouts, again to try and fix this annoying problem.

In regards to USB 3.1 they are all meant to be USB 3.1 but when mapping the ports, despite selecting USB 3.1 they only run at USB 2.0 speeds. All Apart from one?

Do you think that is what causing it?
not having your usb ports setup correctly can cause shutdown issues etc

read up on the guide i linked you as your usbports.kext is wrong

if you know 100% sure that your aml file is correct, then enable it and add in USBInjectAll.kext (currently your aml is not doing anything without USBInjectAll.kext) and disable USBPorts.kext

not having your usb ports setup correctly can cause shutdown issues etc

read up on the guide i linked you as your usbports.kext is wrong

if you know 100% sure that your aml file is correct, then enable it and add in USBInjectAll.kext (currently your aml is not doing anything without USBInjectAll.kext) and disable USBPorts.kext
Just replaced USBPorts.kext with USBInjectAll.kext and replaced all the originally generated aml files and now when it gets to the end of the progress bar the screen goes to sleep. Odd, didn't think it had anything to do with graphics. Is it because of the order that the kexts load?

UPDATE: I'm sorry, I must have messed up the EFI Folder I was changing. It is now done and I have this in hackintoool

Screenshot 2021-12-09 at 16.43.56.jpg

Last edited:
Just replaced USBPorts.kext with USBInjectAll.kext and replaced all the originally generated aml files and now when it gets to the end of the progress bar the screen goes to sleep. Odd, didn't think it had anything to do with graphics. Is it because of the order that the kexts load?

UPDATE: I'm sorry, I must have messed up the EFI Folder I was changing. It is now done and I have this in hackintoool

View attachment 536771
you only have usb3.0 ports on your system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back