CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
HD 630 - RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have to select from bios boot my Garuda drive to boot into it. How to show that drive in opencor? What changes to make in config?

I have tried 2 methods as described but was not successful. Some more details
Hackintosh on 1st NVME drive
Garuda on a 2nd NVME drive. The filesystem is BRFS. The EFI is like so:
EFI
---Apple

-----Firmware
-----IM191.fd
---BOOT
-----BOOTX64.EFI
-----fbx64.efi
-----mmx64.efi
---Garuda
-----grubx64.efi

Attached my EFI folder (without system details). As I was not able to select attached USB I had done some changes in launcher option which I am not able to remember.

If someone can guide me as the other 2 methods in the guide is something I am not able to understand but if need be will try with more guidance.
Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.4 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I have tried 2 methods as described but was not successful.
Is Garuda completely missing from the OC menu or won't it load when selected?
Garuda on a 2nd NVME drive. The filesystem is BRFS.
Then you should replace the Ext4Dxe.efi with btrfs_x64.efi from the OcBinaryData or rEFInd drivers.
Attached my EFI folder (without system details). As I was not able to select attached USB I had done some changes in launcher option which I am not able to remember.
Your EFI looks fine just change the drivers mentioned above and try again.

Not working. Only if I enable to scan EFI Partitions in scan policy it will show but it shows bunch of other things and APPLE:bigsur and other entries.

My Garuda partition is BTRFS with ZSTD Compression, but I am good if I am able to just use the grubx64.efi to boot from opencore..
I tried the bless setting to point to it but no go.
Previously I was using Ubuntu and it showed immediately after installation without me changing anything except adding the Linux and ext4 drivers.

Not working. Only if I enable to scan EFI Partitions in scan policy it will show but it shows bunch of other things and APPLE:bigsur and other entries.
Post your current EFI for reference.
My Garuda partition is BTRFS with ZSTD Compression, but I am good if I am able to just use the grubx64.efi to boot from opencore..
I tried the bless setting to point to it but no go.
Previously I was using Ubuntu and it showed immediately after installation without me changing anything except adding the Linux and ext4 drivers.
Perhaps the compression is preventing OpenCore from finding the kernel but I'm not sure. If Garuda only works through GRUB you could chainload OpenCore through GRUB and just use OC to load macOS. That's another option.

Back