Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone, I'm about to update my Customac (currently running Mojave) to Monterey, doing a fresh install following Dortania Opencore Guide and I have some doubts, I read some other post in the forum about it but still I don't get it:

- I don't have Windows installed, and I will not install it after the update: the USBToolBox page says that USBToolBox is not recommended for MacOS, should I use USBMap instead as suggested by the guide?
- the Opencore guide suggests to map USB ports before installation, should I map with USBMap before the installation or is it a post install only operation?
- If I should do it after the installation, is there some kext I need to put in the USB pendrive EFI folder (and config.plist) before installation?

Another doubt not concerning USB mapping but BT/WiFi:

- I have a broadcom BCM94360CS2 card, will it work without kexts (it should be a native Apple card, right?) or do I need some kext from the list? (it seems they all are for non-native BT/WiFi cards)

Thanks a lot in advance for the help!

Last edited:
Before upgrading create an usbmap kext, save it and add it to the config.plist on your new instalation.
I think that your wifi/Bluetooth will work otb

Ok, I'll do it! Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back