Contribute
Register

OpenCore locks out BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the gigabyte instructions, USB thumb drive formatted fat 32, at the bios prompt I reflashed The bios.

Got ya, right now I am just getting a blinking cursor. No post.
That’s exactly what I was getting also, just a blinking cursor. The only way I was able to get out of that and go back into the bios was to short those pins on the main bios chip. Once I shorted the pins, I was able to get back into the bios and reflash. Don’t do this if you’re board is not the same as mine, you need to do more digging to find out how to do it for yours.

That’s exactly what I was getting also, just a blinking cursor. The only way I was able to get out of that and go back into the bios was to short those pins on the main bios chip. Once I shorted the pins, I was able to get back into the bios and reflash. Don’t do this if you’re board is not the same as mine, you need to do more digging to find out how to do it for yours.

I did the same thing yesterday and it worked. Pin 1 and 6 at power up. But I did get a programmer yesterday just incase it happens again.

Same problem with a Haswell CPU on a Gigabyte Z87 motherboard. Also solved by disabling BootProtect.
Can you share your config.plist I also have Z87X UD5 TH and had to flash my BIOS to get back into it

THX

Can you share your config.plist I also have Z87X UD5 TH and had to flash my BIOS to get back into it

THX
Attached. I no longer have that system, but this is the most recent version of the config file that I used. Note serial numbers, etc erased

Attachments

• config_haswell_7_3.plist.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 41
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back