1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. Plus
  3. Power Mac
  4. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After four great years with Clover, I'm starting over with OpenCore, to upgrade my Sierra machine to Big Sur on a new SSD (while keeping the old Clover/Sierra boot intact).

I'm making my way through the OpenCore Install Guide. So far I've

1) Downloaded the full 12GB Big Sur installer
2) Used the "createinstallmedia" command to make the USB
3) Mounted the USB's EFI partition (using MountEFI.command)
4) Downloaded and copied over the OpenCore "EFI" basic file structure
5) Removed all files from "EFI/"Drivers" except

HfsPlus.efi
OpenPartitionDxe.efi
OpenRuntime.efi
OpenUsbKbDxe.efi

and all files from "EFI/Tools" except OpenShell.efi

6) Downloaded and copied over the 12 kexts required for my hardware:

AppleALC.kext
AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
CpuTscSync.kext
IntelMausi.kext
Lilu.kext
NVMeFix.kext
SMCProcessor.kext
SMCSuperIO.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
XHCI-unsupported.kext

7) Copied over "Sample.plst" and renamed it "config.plist" (I understand I'll be making adjustment to this later).

Now I'm at the ACPI stage, and I want to make sure I understand what to do. As far as I can tell there are several different ways to accomplish the same thing. The first page on the topic goes through the processor generations, listing the necessary files, but the second page (if I'm understanding correctly) presents a simpler method: you simply choose your CPU (Sandy Bridge in my case) and download the SSDTs (in my case, SSDT-EC-DESKTOP.aml and SSDT-IMEI.aml) which I put into "EFI/OC/ACPI" as directed. (The previous page uses a different table, but the results are the same).

Here's where I get confused.

The page called "SSDTs: The easy way" describes methods for extracting the DSDT directly from my hardware (either by running Windows or Linux, which I don't have installed, or from Clover, by performing a function at the Clover boot screen and then looking in the Clover directory on the boot drive's EFI partition once the Clover Mac is running.

Do I have to do this? Or have I already done the equivalent, by manually placing the SSDT .aml files as I describe directly above?

Thank you very much for any advice anyone can provide. (And if anyone sees any mistakes I've made in the procedure, I'd be grateful if you'd point them out.)

Jordan

After four great years with Clover, I'm starting over with OpenCore, to upgrade my Sierra machine to Big Sur on a new SSD (while keeping the old Clover/Sierra boot intact).

I'm making my way through the OpenCore Install Guide. So far I've

1) Downloaded the full 12GB Big Sur installer
2) Used the "createinstallmedia" command to make the USB
3) Mounted the USB's EFI partition (using MountEFI.command)
4) Downloaded and copied over the OpenCore "EFI" basic file structure
5) Removed all files from "EFI/"Drivers" except

HfsPlus.efi
OpenPartitionDxe.efi
OpenRuntime.efi
OpenUsbKbDxe.efi

and all files from "EFI/Tools" except OpenShell.efi

6) Downloaded and copied over the 12 kexts required for my hardware:

AppleALC.kext
AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
CpuTscSync.kext
IntelMausi.kext
Lilu.kext
NVMeFix.kext
SMCProcessor.kext
SMCSuperIO.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
XHCI-unsupported.kext

7) Copied over "Sample.plst" and renamed it "config.plist" (I understand I'll be making adjustment to this later).

Now I'm at the ACPI stage, and I want to make sure I understand what to do. As far as I can tell there are several different ways to accomplish the same thing. The first page on the topic goes through the processor generations, listing the necessary files, but the second page (if I'm understanding correctly) presents a simpler method: you simply choose your CPU (Sandy Bridge in my case) and download the SSDTs (in my case, SSDT-EC-DESKTOP.aml and SSDT-IMEI.aml) which I put into "EFI/OC/ACPI" as directed. (The previous page uses a different table, but the results are the same).

Here's where I get confused.

The page called "SSDTs: The easy way" describes methods for extracting the DSDT directly from my hardware (either by running Windows or Linux, which I don't have installed, or from Clover, by performing a function at the Clover boot screen and then looking in the Clover directory on the boot drive's EFI partition once the Clover Mac is running.

Do I have to do this? Or have I already done the equivalent, by manually placing the SSDT .aml files as I describe directly above?

Thank you very much for any advice anyone can provide. (And if anyone sees any mistakes I've made in the procedure, I'd be grateful if you'd point them out.)

Jordan
you can try the pre built ones available to download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back