Graphics
RX 6700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Below is a link to the OpenCore Reference Manual (Configuration guide) for OC 0.8.3, created by @vit9696

The Manual has a full contents list, which you can search and use to jump to specific sections of the guide.

Thanks @trs96 for pointing out this change to the Configuration guide.

Last edited:
If I type "OpenCore Release" into my Safari URL window, I get references to both OpenCore 0.8.2 (by Vandroly dated 7/4/22) and OpenCore 0.8.3 (by dortania, many builds, latest at top). What's going on here? In the past I have relied upon the monthly releases by Vandroly, and they have always worked perfectly. Presumably Vandroly will publish version 0.8.3 early in August. Are these 0.8.3 releases "nightly builds?" I see they do not have the "ResetNvramEntry.efi" or "ToggleSipEntry.efi" drivers that the 0.8.2 version has.

Any advice or comments?

Yes, the OC 0.8.3 folders are nightly builds.

The official OC 0.8.3 release is expected to be available in early August.

I think you may be mistaken regarding the ResetNvram and ToggleSip entries. They are present in 0.8.3, same as they are in 0.8.2, they can both be found in the /EFI/OC/Drivers folder.

I think you may be mistaken regarding the ResetNvram and ToggleSip entries. They are present in 0.8.3, same as they are in 0.8.2, they can both be found in the /EFI/OC/Drivers folder.
I looked specifically for them and they were not there, but that was a few "nightly builds" earlier. I'll look at the most recent now, thanks.

The two screenshots below show the two files in the /EFI/OC/Drivers folder for OC 0.8.2 release & 0.8.3 (12/07/2022) build.

Screenshot 2022-07-31 at 18.07.49.png Screenshot 2022-07-31 at 18.08.14.png

@Edhawk
Thanks. Indeed, OpenCore Configuration PDF file (and ocvalidate tool) are must-have things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back