Contribute
Register

Opencore Catalina just started upgrading my computer unexpectedly and I can't cancel it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z390 Aorus Pro
CPU
9900k << need full model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
rx580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just restarted my computer and on shutdown it said something about "Taking a minute.." like it was installing something.

On reboot, it seemed to take quite a while on black screen before it suddenly entered what looked like an OS upgrade screen but the language was in spanish.

I rebooted and noticed there was a Install Disk icon and the regular one but I couldn't choose the regular harddisk one. It was forcing me to the installation one.

Any idea what's happened or what's going on. It's possibly I accidentally clicked on Install to a notification but the fact that's it's not english is a bit worrying and I'm not sure which OS it is trying to upgrade to.

Is it possible to cancel it - would that be unwise?

Thanks!

here you can see the boot options seem to be stuck on the install - i cant choose my main drive.
the installer is then in italian.

Attachments

• IMG_8358.PNG
    IMG_8358.PNG
    857.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8359.PNG
    IMG_8359.PNG
    1,007.2 KB · Views: 14
I rebooted at the point I see the installer.
I've now tried to boot from a separate USB drive and it let me choose my main drive but after attempting to boot it shuts down and says preventing further asp upcalls.

Attachments

• IMG_8363.jpg
    IMG_8363.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back