Contribute
Register

Opencore boot entry name

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my system the file ".disk_label.contentDetails" has the correct updated name. However there is another file named ".contentDetails" in the same place that had the old name. I updated it to the correct name, and it appeared correctly in the bootpicker. Perhaps Apple changed the name of this preboot file and OC has not caught up yet?
OpenCore uses .disk_label if it exists, otherwise it tries .contentDetails, and if that doesn't exist it tries .disk_label.contentDetails.
I forgot .contentDetails file because it isn’t always present. But if exists, it takes precedence over .disk_label.contentDetails.
Well done.

@CrashMidnick
As a workaround, if you install (or reinstall) Intel Power Gadget after changing the volume name, preboot volume is updated and the new name is displayed in the OpenCore menu after reboot.
Thanks @miliuco, this had work very well!

Hi, i see the file .disk_label.contentDetails but I can't edit it. I don't have the permission, even with SIP disabled and with the ownership :(

@CrashMidnick
As a workaround, if you install (or reinstall) Intel Power Gadget after changing the volume name, preboot volume is updated and the new name is displayed in the OpenCore menu after reboot.
Thank you again, miliuco.

@CrashMidnick
This is by far the easier method to update my OC entry BigSur to Monterey. Thanks Milluco~

@CrashMidnick

I had forgotten about this... it happened to me between Catalina & Big Sur. And Now Monterey and Ventura. I just un-installed and re-installed Intel Power Gadget and disk name is now upddate in OpenCore picker (Ventura).

Thanks miliuco

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back