Intel i7 10700K
Graphics
Radeon RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I have a plenty successfully installation of BigSur, all it is working except Ethernet, I installed several versions of RealtekRTL8111.kext on EFI->OC->Kexts but still doesn't work. I am using internet with Wi-Fi, but I want to use wired.

The mother board it is a Gigabyte Z490 UD

Can anyone help me?

Greetings.

Ok, I changed the info on my profile, I recently change my hardware.

It might have issues with Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) which can be disabled by setting "enableEEE" to False in the drivers Info.plist

Mine was stable using RealtekRTL8111.kext-v2.2.1 until yesterday.
I just ran the Big Sur update -11.2.3, I think something changed with the networking. So far disabling EEE seems good using the latest RealtekRTL8111.kext-v2.4.0. It's been only 24hrs since the update, so I'm still keeping an eye on it

Last edited:
It might have issues with Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) which can be disabled by setting "enableEEE" to False in the drivers Info.plist

Mine was stable using RealtekRTL8111.kext-v2.2.1 until yesterday.
I just ran the Big Sur update -11.2.3, I think something changed with the networking. So far disabling EEE seems good using the latest RealtekRTL8111.kext-v2.4.0. It's been only 24hrs since the update, so I'm still keeping an eye on it
Had you found a solution? I am also on 11.2.3

Where I can found info.plist?

a kext is kind of like a zip file, it can have other files inside of it. You need to look inside to see the info.plist

Download the latest RealtekRTL8111.kext-v2.4.0 > Right Click on RealtekRTL8111.kext > choose Show Package Contents > Contents > info.plist > enableEEE=False

Use any plist editor (I use propertree) to open the info.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back