Dell XPS 9700 4K (OpenCore)
CPU
i7-10875H
Graphics
UHD 630, 3840x2400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys!

I've got myself a new SSD today, the Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB. My issue is, that OpenCore seems to not like this new disk. When I boot from it, the verbose screen is a little faster than usual (like it's skipping something) and the apple-logo with it's progress-bar at 0% stays for like 10 seconds. Then, the login-prompt appears. Once logged in, everything is super slow and seems off.

YES - the firmware is already up2date, checked with UNetbootin and the correct firmware-iso.
Also, my old Clover-Setup works fine with it, no issues, no lags, no high temperatures, instant boot - everything like before, with the 970 EVO 1TB.

Am I missing something here? Does OC not support the plus-version yet, should I open a new issue, do I miss any EFI-drivers? Strange things...

I use Catalina 10.15.4 opencore 0.5.8 and Samsung 970 evo plus 250 gb. All good working.

@Groh

Did you ever run 0.5.7 with 970 evo plus aswell? Maybe they've fixed something with the latest release... I'll try to update later and get back to you.

@Groh

Did you ever run 0.5.7 with 970 evo plus aswell? Maybe they've fixed something with the latest release... I'll try to update later and get back to you.
No, I installed immediately opencore 0.5.8 and i use NVMEfix.kext

@Groh

Thank you very much! This was it!

NVMeFix.kext is only supposed to manage proper SSD sleep, AFAIK, I had this before too.

What changed it, as far as I can judge:
* OpenCore update - new BOOTx64.efi, new OpenCore.efi, new Bootstrap.efi
* This update contained a new EFI driver: new NvmExpressDxe.efi

I hope this fix will work for sure, since this is just the first boot. Thank you a lot for your tip, tho :)

Hello BlvckBytes,

Would you be nice enough to confirm that everything works smoothly since your last post ?

Follow-up questions:
  • Does the build with the 970 EVO PLUS is a dual boot with Windows ?
  • Does the 970 EVO PLUS is your system SSD for MAC OS ?
  • What MAC OS version do you run on the 970 EVO PLUS ?
I Thank you in advance for you time.

Cheers,

M.

@Mosk

Yup, everything fine to this day, no issues.

Yes, I dual boot with windows, works fine. OSX is on the latest version out publicly (10.15.6).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back