Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OpenCore 0.9.1 compatible with Ventura 13.3.1?

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac
CPU
I3-8350K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I hope just a quick question.

I have built an EFI using OCAT and Opencore 0.9.1 and I have got it to boot (config in my sig) and it presents a list of UEFI disks (two).

When I select the USB as the target to boot, I get two errors:
  1. OCB: Failed to load image - already started, and
  2. BS: Failed to start OpenCore - already started
Critical error.

I can't find a definitive answer in my searching. Some info about secure boots and about paths to Windows being confused, but nothing that seems relevant.

Question: is 0.9.1 compatible with my hw and Ventura 13.3.1?

Thanks All

OCAT is great, by the way, hats off to the developers.

Yes, it is compatible if you have an RX580.

Yes, it is compatible if you have an RX580.
Thanks @Edhawk. Now I need to know how to solve the errors (above) that are blocking my way.
Research suggests security settings, but that doesn't seem likely.

Post a copy of your EFI folder, so we can see exactly what you are using with your Z370 system.

Just remember to delete/redact the serial number from your config.plist before posting a copy here.

Post a copy of your EFI folder, so we can see exactly what you are using with your Z370 system.

Just remember to delete/redact the serial number from your config.plist before posting a copy here.
Thanks EDHAWK. You sorted me out on the last build, for which I was grateful.
Note this was was made mostly with OCAT.

Attachments

• EFI copy.zip
    6 MB · Views: 35
It doesn't or should I say shouldn't make any difference which Tool you use to generate and compile your OC EFI. OCAT has a simpler GUI that people tend to find easier to use. But you are still required to understand what each part of the EFI should contain to suit your system.

I will have a look at your EFI and get back to your with any comments or recommendations.

I have attached a revised EFI folder for you to try. I have made a number of edits to the EFI Copy folder, as shown in the screenshots below.

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 16.35.20.png EFI Copy folder contents.

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 17.13.59.png EFI Rev1 folder contents.

The EFI Rev1 folder is better suited to your Z370 motherboard, as you had a number of unnecessary, misconfigured or missing elements in the original EFI folder.
  • SSDT-PMC.aml is not required for an Z370 system.
  • Your ASRock MB uses the Intel i219V Ethernet controller, so I have added IntelMausi.kext.

USBPorts.kext:
Your USBPorts.kext is a waste of space. It is set for use in an iMac14,2 system, your system uses the iMac19,1 SMBIOS.

It also activates 8 x USB ports, all of which are set as Internal USB2 header ports, with Connector Type (255).

Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 17.10.42.png USBPorts.kext/Contents/Info.plist showing USB Port Configuration

Your Motherboard contains the following USB ports/headers:
Rear ports:
2 x USB 2.0 Ports - Connector Type (0) (2 x Ports)
6 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Ports - Connector Type (3) (all 12 x Ports)

Internal Ports/Headers:
1 x USB 2.0 Header - Connector Type (255) (2 x Ports)
1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Header - Connector Type (3) (all 4 x Ports)
1 x WiFi controller USB port for Bluetooth - Connector Type (255) single port.

This means your motherboard contains a total of 21 x USB ports. With a maximum of 3 ports requiring the Internal (255) connector type. Not 8 x ports as shown in the screenshot above.

Based on the above I would recommend deleting the USBPorts.kext you are currently using, as it is not fit for purpose. This is probably why you are seeing the HID errors when you boot the system.

You will need to create a new USBPorts.kext for your system.

Edits:
I have edited the config.plist to take in to account the changes in the EFI sub-folders contents and to better reflect your need for a Headless framebuffer, as you are now using the RX580 dGPU to drive your display.

Add your Serial Number to the config.plist, don't change anything else!

See if this EFI gets you booting Ventura/update.

Attachments

• EFI rev1.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 49
Back