Contribute
Register

OpenCore 0.6 EXITBS:START (SOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
These people have OC working on their Skylake systems:

There are some differences, like including a kext for your NVMeFix, and perhaps injecting the properties for the iGPU. Have you tried disabling the iGPU in BIOS?

Attachments

• IMG_20200819_112831.jpg
    IMG_20200819_112831.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 62
These people have OC working on their Skylake systems:

There are some differences, like including a kext for your NVMeFix, and perhaps injecting the properties for the iGPU. Have you tried disabling the iGPU in BIOS?

The iGPU is disabled in the BIOS.. I just use the RX 580..

View attachment 484928

You should fix your profile then.

Just did.. Thanks.. I have both but switched back to RX 580 because the 5700XT on Catalina was causing lots of desktops freezes.. which apparently might be fixed in Big Sur.. Thus the reason for me starting to look into open core. ;-)

Another troubleshooting step here -- maybe try dave7's or steezo's EFI from that thread I linked and see if they will allow you to boot into Catalina? I think you should get an OC config to let you boot into Catalina first because adding the beta Big Sur on top will introduce more troubleshooting steps.

Also, if you're switching from Clover to OC, you might have to clear the CMOS because they use different Aptios memory fixes. And if you clear your CMOS remember that you have to redo all your BIOS settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back